PDA

View Full Version : UK to USA - BEST AIRLINE??

Joe Black
17th Oct 2006, 14:00
Being a frequent flyer to the states, I am looking to find out what the other views are to what who the best airline is to fly with? Considerations that I am mainly taking into account are :
Who is cheapest?
Who is best value?
Best service ie comfort etc?
I mainly fly from GLA and connect in LHR, the main route from then on being to LAX.
I'd greatly appreciate and responses.
Joe.:ok:

manintheback
17th Oct 2006, 14:25
what class of travel?. Direct/Indirect.

Also cheapest, best value, most comfortable - somewhat contradictory requirements?

Gouabafla
17th Oct 2006, 14:35
United: you can listen to the ATC on channel nine of the IFE. It's far better than watching a movie. Do I need to get a life?:O

sevenforeseven
17th Oct 2006, 15:11
Virgin Atlantic is very good, BA second best and forget the usual US suspects.
Also it depends on your class of travel. Virgin superb in Business and Premium economy. BA not too far behind in economy but miles behind in premium cabins.
Thats in my opinion anyway.

submariner
17th Oct 2006, 16:01
Anyone, and I mean anyone, other than Bloody Awful BA. - In any class.

Smiliesam
17th Oct 2006, 16:16
Virgin Atlantic every time. Worth paying for Premium Economy.

regards
Hazel

skydriller
17th Oct 2006, 16:59
Anyone other than a US carrier...

johnrizzo2000
17th Oct 2006, 17:11
I love CO becuuse you can fly from GLA, EDI, BRS etc, and their BusinessFirs tis good

BA's first and club are excellent, and economy isnt bad either

VS's upper class is great, and their economy is just like BA

Avoid US airways Envoy, and Delta BusinessElite!

slim_slag
17th Oct 2006, 19:27
JOe Black,

Depends how frequent and it sounds like you are an Economy pax as you want the cheapest.

If you do LHR-LAX more than five times a year there is nothing out there can come close to United. Star Gold with benefits, Premier Executive with access to Economy Plus seats, and double miles on United metal even on the cheap fares. Fly 50,000 years a year on united and they give you 100,000 miles to spend anywhere on Star. Op Upgrades are also reasonably frequent during the summer season if Premier Executive. You also get loads of upgrade vouchers which you can use to upgrade to domestic first if you change at ORD/IAD.. If you do it three times a year still United as you still get the Economy Plus seats, business class checkin, and 1.25 times actual miles on the cheap fares.