greenwizard
17th Oct 2006, 01:27
Any One else just received their Pay 2 weeks early? :confused:

k1rb5
17th Oct 2006, 03:57
Yep, least i think that's what it is

TurbineTooHot
17th Oct 2006, 05:09
So I've heard, they were doing the pay run a tad early this month either due to the Innsworth - Strike move or more probably the Navy coming online, which takes us offline for a couple of weeks.

Maybe:hmm: :hmm:

PerArdua
17th Oct 2006, 08:34
Pay run is scheduled for 27 Oct 06 so you may well still get something.

PA

tier2commando
17th Oct 2006, 08:58
Received my beer tokens yesterday!
Whatever happened to the 12 equal payments so you could organise your finances better. Guess a lot of juniors will be skint for most of november.

mayorofgander
17th Oct 2006, 14:39
Paid Yesterday...
3 times normal amount ...then a bit more.

Raking in the interest..
Not going on a spending spree, cos I'll get found out...

MOG

Hoots
17th Oct 2006, 19:42
Yep, me too. Look forward to getting my pay chit as it seems a bit more than normal. I knew it was too good to be true getting paid 3 months on the trot correctly.

Birdy99
17th Oct 2006, 20:18
Damn, and I thought that some kind soul had paid me a bonus!! I don't know about juniors being skint in the middle of November, I know someone who will be more skint than normal!

Birdy

Almost_done
17th Oct 2006, 20:51
Damn, and I thought that some kind soul had paid me a bonus!! I don't know about juniors being skint in the middle of November, I know someone who will be more skint than normal!
Birdy
Nice to know the concern you hold for your subordinates :ok:

mayorofgander
17th Oct 2006, 21:20
Nice to know the concern you hold for your subordinates :ok:

Awww...Go suck a lemon!!!:ok:

MOG

4fitter
17th Oct 2006, 21:31
Checked this evening on-line and no pay (yet) for me. Enjoying winding up my dark blue colleagues on spec pay c**k ups but must await the day :(

vecvechookattack
17th Oct 2006, 21:56
You can probably thank the Navy for the early pay....I heard it at a JPA brief that the RAF were getting their wonga early due to the RN roll out.

Prop-Ed
18th Oct 2006, 01:14
I was paid early this month too. All £27.98...........wait a minute!:mad:

DownloadDog
18th Oct 2006, 08:24
Just checked my account, I haven't been paid early, roll on the 27th or whenever JPA is supposed to come back online....

airborne_artist
18th Oct 2006, 08:46
DD - your numbers did not come up, I'm afraid to say. Best you call the bank, arrange the overdraft, and get used to holding for the "help-line" persons to tell you what you already know :E

Just joking, but then maybe-not;)

Mr Softeetop
18th Oct 2006, 10:25
Was told today that 627 of us got paid early.
As Navy try and join JPA this week, I am pleased I have got mine (Jack).
Rest are worried as JPA grinds slowly now. JPAC are even worried that any functions will be available over next 30 days plus. (Have a mole on the inside).

£ood luck all.

TwoTunnels
18th Oct 2006, 14:38
I just heard today that is a mistake, they were trying something out with the 600 odd RAF personnel and weren't meant to go live with it. "I wonder what happens when you click the 'Submit' button".

Shame they don't try to reimburse me the £250 they owe me and push the Submit button. Fat chance!!

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

Hoots
18th Oct 2006, 19:23
As one of the 627, I cannot believe the incompetence of JPA. If they were just trying something, then I hope the ones using us as Guinea Pigs get the appropriate action taken against them. What they have paid me appears to be wrong (will no doubt take ages to get online to see pay chit, when It's online again, or wait 2 weeks for paper copy) and will no doubt take months of hassle to rectify. Complete to**ers. I have had enough of JPA and all its spin-offs, pile of cr*p. Just how much money above the original £118 miliion, or whatever it was, is this system going to cost. Its not as if we dont have manpower or experience shortages out there that should have the cash spent on it, or cash spent on the aircraft that are all sitting there U/S. Still it was good to see that the 1st Sea Lord had a £70K makeover in his London residence, am sure that couldn't have been better spent elsewhere.

Bannock
18th Oct 2006, 19:46
I deploy to the dessert in a couple of days for three months. I checked in with the writers to make sure That I would be OK with regards to LSSA/LSA and pay with the RN going live with JPA.
'I cant promise you will get paid, we are having major problems' was the response.
Every chance I will be stuck in my tent,defaulting on a mortgage on the run up to christmas with no Fu$3ing support.
If there is so much uncertainty with the reliability of this system, why go live?
My family and I do not need this **** at this time.

PompeySailor
18th Oct 2006, 20:29
I deploy to the dessert in a couple of days for three months. I checked in with the writers to make sure That I would be OK with regards to LSSA/LSA and pay with the RN going live with JPA.
'I cant promise you will get paid, we are having major problems' was the response.
Every chance I will be stuck in my tent,defaulting on a mortgage on the run up to christmas with no Fu$3ing support.
If there is so much uncertainty with the reliability of this system, why go live?
My family and I do not need this **** at this time.

It's true. The problems are expected to be with any form of additional pay - the "upside" is that people should receive their basic pay. Which is not really good enough, let's be honest. More worrying is the news that the Oracle backend is riddled with problems (Peoplesoft underlies the whole system), and that the whole project has been horribly mismanaged and mis-sold. It's times like this that you wish we had the Marks and Spencers guarantee - "it's ****, take it back and give me the money". However, we are stuck with it, and you can rest assured that the rollout is being closely monitored at 2* level and above, and I get the impression that if we are treated as shabbily as the RAF have been, then the fan will be truly covered in brown and smelly stuff.

As for 1SL and his £70K refurb, it's a Scum smokescreen. The refurb was carried out ages ago, it's all open accounting, and everything has been done from the book and in accordance with the rules and regs. It's Tom Neutron-Dung trying to pretend he has a good journo nose again, whereas all he is doing is trying to raise his profile. He is someone that should really get more closely involved with the military wards in hospitals. Preferably as a mobile toilet cleaner. Remember, it was NEVER the "Scum wot won it".

Mmmmnice
18th Oct 2006, 23:41
I know it's inexcusable, but round our way the possibility of early pay was well publicised. All due to the senior service joining the fray - god knows what it will be like when/if it comes back on line. Just don't spend it all at once eh....

mayorofgander
19th Oct 2006, 06:16
Seems that I am one of the 'lucky' (:confused: ) 627 selected for this experiment!!! What an odd number!!!:ooh:

So the experiment is to pay 3.5 times normal wage, still not get LSSA (or its successor) correct and audit me for an HTD (Private) claim.:mad:

Couple this to the additional tax paid on this obscenely large credit and we can then recover our overissue with a deadline of the end of the tax year, notwithstanding the promise to give the bods a set monthly wage packet so that bill paying can be easier and pay is not subject to 'surges' & 'dips' that was such a hated (:= ) factor of outr previous system.

Experiment successful, I'd say!!!!:ugh:

Glad I'm not on the patch or after BSA!!!:uhoh:

MOG

PompeySailor
19th Oct 2006, 08:06
http://www.afpaainfocentre.dii.r.mil.uk/nlapps/docs/default.asp?fid=787

It's an internal link for DII, but have a look at the "vessel" towing the RN announcement across the screen.

It would appear to be a U-Boat.:}

Another IPR success!

tier2commando
19th Oct 2006, 08:09
had a chat with our psf people, the payment issue was all to do with the jpa system mainly for middle rate and higher rate flying pay. I was told the system updates couldnt cope with flying pay so they paid us early to ensure payment.

The Masked Geek
19th Oct 2006, 10:35
http://www.afpaainfocentre.dii.r.mil.uk/nlapps/docs/default.asp?fid=787

It's an internal link for DII, but have a look at the "vessel" towing the RN announcement across the screen.

It would appear to be a U-Boat.:}

Another IPR success!

The boat blowing up once reaching the left of the page would be a good visual clue as to what is gonna happen when it goes live.

Mr C Hinecap
19th Oct 2006, 10:46
I need to enter some leave onto JPA but it is down. Planned to be down remember?

Has anyone had instructions on what to do in this case? Not at this location. I'll be AWOL then :ugh:

mayorofgander
19th Oct 2006, 11:12
Was this a sudden desire to go on leave...???:eek:

I'm on leave too but I popped my JPA on-line app in a few weeks ago. My boss muttered something about it helping the planning to know when peeps are on hols!!!:ok:

MOG

Stuff
19th Oct 2006, 11:51
Mr C Hinecap: I don't claim to be in the know but I would imagine if you visit this page http://www.ipublish.dii.r.mil.uk/nlapps/docs/default.asp?id=4260 and look at the second bottom form entitled "JPA R001 Application for Leave or Other Absence Types" and fill that in and send it to HR Admin you'd be covered.

At least there would be a paper record of the application so even if it's not the correct method you'd not be AWOL.

Avtur
19th Oct 2006, 11:52
On the only operational Sqn at ISTAR central (ie 51), we have always used the old leave passes to back-up any JPA shortcomings; so we have mainly been using old leave passes. As long as you tell (on paper or electronically) your line manager that you are intending to take leave, there is nothing to worry about.

Mr-AEO
19th Oct 2006, 12:48
If they were just trying something, then I hope the ones using us as Guinea Pigs get the appropriate action taken against them.

Oh I'm sure that will happen:hmm:

I've always found it hard to reconcile that a Technician/Mechanic who makes a mistake will be technically charged because of the potential impact on life etc (and rightly so in some cases) whereas a scribe on the same pay scale doesn't appear to get the same punishment!:*

PompeySailor
19th Oct 2006, 13:27
Oh I'm sure that will happen:hmm:

I've always found it hard to reconcile that a Technician/Mechanic who makes a mistake will be technically charged because of the potential impact on life etc (and rightly so in some cases) whereas a scribe on the same pay scale doesn't appear to get the same punishment!:*

:= It's not "scribes" as you know them. This is now a civilian world of HR - civilian specs, civilian system, civilian operators (with minimal support from uniformed staff for advice). The errors here are perpetrated by system techs, not military pay clerks or Writers. The whole drive is that YOU are responsible, within the vagaries of the wiggly electrons and such that power JPA, to get it right - rather than simply being responsible for checking for errors on the Pay Statement. It's a whole new ballgame (granted, a ballgame with rules designed for B&Q). The error here was a system test that was not supposed to be released, although the official line is that you were all paid early to avoid problems with additional pay. Although the actual amount you have received was picked at random from the ancient "Book of Numbers" and bears no resemblance to your actual pay rates.

I've just had my Pay Statement delivered, addressed to my home address. I am now officially on the approach line to Civiliandom!:ok:

Stacker101
19th Oct 2006, 13:40
Well welcome the RN to the nightmare that is JPA, ok when its working (normally around 0200 when everybody is in bed im told), but try a travel claim, it crashes :ugh: so often im sure its done to put us off of getting our ££££ back....

Mr-AEO
19th Oct 2006, 14:30
PS - Thanks for the clarification. The 'perps' that you now describe would appear to be even more divorced from the law and therefore untouchable. I bet they can really screw your pay up and get away with it on a daily basis:ugh:

Cue long list of anecdotal evidence from those who have been affected....

Hoots
20th Oct 2006, 16:20
Tier2,

Not sure if your explanation is correct, unless I am an exception as I get no flying pay as on the PAS. Unless they have paid me flying pay this month by mistake. Cant wait to see my pay chit.

ZOFO
20th Oct 2006, 18:36
Pompey Sailor,

Last Pay statement to your civilian address, I hope I do not get that treatment from JPA, I Live/am going to settle in Northern Ireland!!:uhoh:

I Can see it now........ :mad:

PompeySailor
20th Oct 2006, 21:05
Pompey Sailor,

Last Pay statement to your civilian address, I hope I do not get that treatment from JPA, I Live/am going to settle in Northern Ireland!!:uhoh:

I Can see it now........ :mad:

Best you tell them that's it's a sensitive one then! Although it omits all ranks and rates, it's still got the Centurion return address on the back.....

Fitbin
21st Oct 2006, 07:49
It makes you wonder what would've happened if this shambles occured within a civvy company. Heads a'rollin, sackings up the ying-yang, and some accountability in there too. System given back to designers with a "Give me my money back and don't bother us again" chit.
Why the hell do we have to roll over and take this, there's more important stuff to worry about in the world today.
:*

cooheed
21st Oct 2006, 14:51
And still I owe them £250 for an advance received in June! Anyone any ideas when they are going to recover advances as I'll bet I'm not the only one :bored:

movadinkampa747
21st Oct 2006, 15:51
And still I owe them £250 for an advance received in June! Anyone any ideas when they are going to recover advances as I'll bet I'm not the only one :bored:

Yes, they are planning to reclaim them once the RN are on JPA. So that will be on the next two pay runs.

cooheed
21st Oct 2006, 15:56
Thanks 747, is that going to be in a one-er or over 2 runs?

movadinkampa747
21st Oct 2006, 16:45
Depending on your surname will depend on wheter it is on the first or second pay run. A-L first and the rest second run.

On_The_Top_Bunk
23rd Oct 2006, 07:16
The JPA system is currently experiencing high levels of usage. Please try again later.

Why did I just know this was going to be the case Monday AM?

Oops no self service until Tuesday. Missed that bit.

Ali Barber
23rd Oct 2006, 08:23
So will they be taking the aproximately £30,929.96 back in a single go or spread over a longer period. That is the ammount I have been overpaid in 2 transactions courtesy of JPA (approx because it was paid in a foreign currency to an overseas bank). None of it was asked for, it just appeared. It's just sat in my account trying to screw up my book balancing skills. It isn't worth putting in a savings account as they pay less than 1% interest here and I daren't send it home in case the FFR changes.

Climebear
27th Oct 2006, 10:45
Just seen this on the BBC News Website

Call centres infiltrated by gangs (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/6089736.stm)

Remind me again, whereabouts is the JPAC?:ooh:

airborne_artist
27th Oct 2006, 11:13
Dearest Mr Ali Barber - my name is Onga Unga Wonga and I am the Middle East rep. for the wonderful Royal Air Force's payments system. Please be so kind as to remit your over-payment to my account, where I will invest it on our joint behalf. I will pay the JPA the amount you owe them, and then remit to you 20% of the $50m that is in my late father's will that I can only access by having all your bank details.

With much kindly regards

O U Wonga

Wader2
27th Oct 2006, 11:16
Dearest Mr Ali Barber - my name is Onga Unga Wonga and I am the Middle East rep. for the wonderful Royal Air Force's payments system. Please be so kind as to remit your over-payment to my account, where I will invest it on our joint behalf. I will pay the JPA the amount you owe them, and then remit to you 20% of the $50m that is in my late father's will that I can only access by having all your bank details.

With much kindly regards

O U Wonga

Nah, ignore this. It is clearly a con. It is correctly capitalised with accurate spelling and makes no reference to religion or faith.