PDA

View Full Version : Non UK JAR Medical

Seagull61
16th Oct 2006, 10:30
Hi all,
I`m wondering if anyone has gone through this process. I am a British citizen but resident in Norway (a JAR state). I am planning on getting a class 1 medical from the Norway CAA and then converting to the UK JAR Class 1 medical. AS I undertand it, its just a matter of filing in the form and sending off the 22 notes?
If anyones done this and/or has any reservations then please let me know. Oslo is a lot easier and cheaper for me to get to then Gatwick!!
Cheers

The Sandman
25th Oct 2006, 13:52
Hi:

Think regs require you to get initial JAR medical from the AMC in the country of license issue, and subsequent medicals may be obtained from any JAR examiner, so if your license was issued in Norway, that would work, but if your base license is UK, then you'll have to get a CAA/JAR medical first - I believe.

IRISHPILOT
26th Oct 2006, 12:06
You are spot on, Seagull

Blinkz
26th Oct 2006, 19:04
Actually this is not true. You can do the initial medical in one JAA state and transfer it to another, altho it depends what states you are talking about. The UK is very open in that respect and as long as the state you had your medical done in is fully JAA compliant then they will accept the medical and transfer it to a UK medical.