PDA

View Full Version : JPA from a personal computer...

PinkFlyer
12th Oct 2006, 17:22
Is it possible to access JPA from your own home computer? Or can you only use/wrestle with it at work?

Pink

L1011GE
12th Oct 2006, 17:30
What high tech Air Force do you think we are in are you in?

50% of the time its not available from work pc's

airborne_artist
12th Oct 2006, 17:55
The whole idea of JPA is to keep you at work. If they made it possible to use it from home then what incentive would you have to go in?

FFP
12th Oct 2006, 18:03
Cynics, the lot of ya ;)

Believe the idea is to get it out there on t'internet one day. Feds will need to handbrake it first.

ChezTanker
12th Oct 2006, 18:04
Earlier this year in MPA a RM Major, from JPA, said they expected home access from this November. Have not heard a sausage since.

FFP
12th Oct 2006, 18:18
Not sure you'd be able to get it in European countries though Chez ;)

Touchin' Down
12th Oct 2006, 18:22
Good thing when it does come available at home as 10 hours a day at work just isn't enough to process a JPA claim or leave pass!

PerArdua
13th Oct 2006, 07:46
But just think, you have had a hectic drunken weekend, submit a self certifying leave pass from your home PC and have the rest of the week off.:O

PA

BellEndBob
13th Oct 2006, 08:01
All our Nuclear Subs are going to be at great risk of detaction as they will have to surface at least 8 times a day to sort the admin out.

Green Meat
13th Oct 2006, 08:17
Think about it chaps, do you really want JPA access from outside the restricted network? Think of all the luddites with virus-riddled, spyware-infested, zombie machines who may then have access. It's a security nightmare! Keep it in work and keep details safe, I say :uhoh:

The Masked Geek
16th Oct 2006, 08:28
It's not that safe in work.....

Green Meat
16th Oct 2006, 11:05
It also doesn't work very well in work :{

PinkFlyer
16th Oct 2006, 13:08
There are rumours that JPA (or Skynet as it is now called) is going to be replaced by a series of forms and people to help you fill them out....

JagRigger
16th Oct 2006, 16:29
In my current situation I'd love home access.

On stand-down/terminal/resettlement for an out date of Jan next year.

Waiting on claims submitted three plus weeks ago - whilst JPA ties itself in knots.

I had an advance for B&B costs prior to a course. Got back, phoned handbrake house to see what the score was and was told to hang on to the receipt for 2 years...... that's all.

Duly put in my travel & subsistance claims ( 3 weeks away = 2 hours filling in claim! ) and went on my merry way.

Bank account checked daily as it runs down - nowt.

After 2 1/2 weeks went to the hassle of driving into 'work' to access JPA and the claims were still ready for payment. OK, phone JPAC and get told I have to put in a claim for the money I've already had to release the 'new' claims for payment.

(Why couldn't JPAC put a note on the claims? I was in work for the week they snagged them - not miles away with no access to JPA)

And now they can't tell me what the delay is now because the sytems down for 2 weeks for the Navy to join in the fun!!!

Enjoy - I'm glad I'm nearly a civvy when it comes to JPA

Corrona
16th Oct 2006, 21:08
What on earth are you all on about, JPA at home...leave it in the office - leave your frustrations in the office. JPA will not be any quicker in your home just cos you've got a mega billion gig broadband connection as the server is still mil issue slow cr*p.

If they thrust JPA upon us at home you'll be doing swearing and anger when waht you should be doing is relaxed family stuff! :=

The Helpful Stacker
16th Oct 2006, 22:03
I can see the various LEAN teams being happy with home JPA access. After all the less hours we're spent trying to sort out our messed up pay in work hours the more 'productive' hours we can put in.

I'm surprised it wasn't made 'home access only' from the start, completely removing the burden from the MoD Intraweb and also excluding many users who don't have access to the internet at home/in the block in much the same way as the present workplace based system.:ugh:

Stuff
18th Oct 2006, 12:04
Source: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/10/18/oracle_cpu_mega_patch/

Oracle today published the mother of all security patches containing 101 fixes for flaws in its database, application server, E-Business Suite and PeopleSoft and JD Edwards applications.

Almost half - 45 - of the flaws can be can be exploited by a hacker over a network, while at least six errors in the Oracle database http server can be exploited without the hacker requiring any user name or password. A re-assuring 22 database flaws do at least require some form of authentication.

In total, Oracle's latest quarterly critical patch update (CPU) features 63 fixes for the database, 14 for its application server, 13 for the E-Business Suite nine for PeopleSoft and JD Edwards and two for Oracle's Java 2 Enterprise Edition containers on the client. Oracle introduced the quarterly CPU system in November 2004.

Don't worry people, we are perfectly safe. JPAC have this in hand and will be phoning us all back to sort it out in 48 hours.... not....