PDA

View Full Version : Danasoft Signs

whiz
12th Oct 2006, 15:56
Hi All,

Im sitting here behind a firewall, antivirus fully up to date and feeling pretty secure, well as secure as you can feel whilst surfing. Whilst browsing a thread I noticed an emoticon at the bottom of one post which was basically a little bloke holding up a sign with my IP address, my ISP, my software and browser displayed, the tag line at the bottom read 'If I can see you so can the rest of the web :eek: My question is how the hell can I hide this info and better still stop it being output from my PC ?

BLUE SKY THINKER
12th Oct 2006, 17:08
Take a look at...

THIS (http://www.danasoft.com/aboutdanasoft.php)
http://www.danasoft.com/fun/toughguy.png

...particularly the last bit of para.3.

planecrazy.eu
14th Oct 2006, 21:32
Each time you visit a server you are logged as a visitor, from that you leave a few things like browser, ip address, os, if you have came from a search engine it will even log what you typed in. The ip address can be used to trace the country and in some cases even area where the ip would originate from, like Birmingham for example.

The server also logs other things like what pages you visit, how long you spend on them, what site you looked at last in some cases, and what site you went on to visit.

The only way i know to stop this is by using a proxy. A proxy in short accesses the website through another computer or server on the internet so that there details are brought up in the browser and not yours. The best proxy to use is an anonomous one as then its even harder to trace back or get your info...

You can also use a web-proxy, a website where you enter the url into like a search box, and then it allows you to surf that website anonomously.

ormus55
14th Oct 2006, 21:48
also depends which isp you use. if anyone sees my IP address, all it shows is AOL .com and an HQ address in the USA.

also if you switch off your router or PC, after a while you normally get a new IP addy. makes sense to switch the router off, (when the router is always online), even though the PC is off.