11th Oct 2006, 18:29
Where can I sell a No1 uniform?
Don't want to put it on ebay.
Ideas..?
Thanks
sv

brit bus driver
11th Oct 2006, 18:54
What size etc etc. I have a mate overseas who's after a new one - all that VIP catering and Pivo eh OBD?

Ops_Monkey
11th Oct 2006, 21:17
Fancy Dress Shop

QFIhawkman
11th Oct 2006, 22:02
Officers one?

Stick it on your Unit Intranet website.

Advertise it on the RAF wide Sales and wants site.

If it's a lower ranks uniform, get it handed in to Supply, that's where it belongs. Do not dare sell it.

side salad
11th Oct 2006, 22:09
Try your local Air Training Corps wing, sold one there before

XL319
11th Oct 2006, 22:49
post deleted

Maple 01
11th Oct 2006, 23:33
lower ranks

You looking for a punch on the snout Biggles?:ouch: ;)

trap one
12th Oct 2006, 02:33
You looking for a punch on the snout Biggles?:ouch: ;)

Couldn't have said it better.:mad:

Sidevalve took the 3 extra I had at the end, to a Military Surplus store, they usually either pay cash or sell and give you a percentage.

PPRuNeUser0139
12th Oct 2006, 07:15
I should have said in the original post that it's an officers No1.
Retired 8yrs ago - RAF intranet..? Ye gods! That sounds like the place - thanks to all
sv

side salad
12th Oct 2006, 07:27
Or sell advertising space on the back of it and pass it to No 10 as a new idea for raising money to pay for "all the equipment they need" in sandy places

FantomZorbin
12th Oct 2006, 11:07
Whatever happened to Ernie Bedford in Newark? - everything from pith helmets to No.5s! :\

PPRuNeUser0139
12th Oct 2006, 11:30
He's exactly the person I'd've gone to but I thought he'd retired about 8-10 years ago..?

QFIhawkman
12th Oct 2006, 11:34
Trap 1, Maple, my apologies. That of course should have read "Other Ranks".

Although to be honest they both sound faintly derogatory to me. It's almost as if you have "Officers" ranks as the important ones, then "Other ranks" as, well, others.

Which are you guys happier with? Surely "Airmen" is as bad, failing to encompass women and SNCOs as it does?

smugley
12th Oct 2006, 12:28
I think 'Other Ranks' is acceptable. Is on most war memorials anyway. Mind you, my grandfathers commission reads something about obeying his superior officers and carrying out his duties over inferior officers!!!:hmm:

GlosMikeP
12th Oct 2006, 12:49
carrying out his duties over inferior officers!!!:hmm:
We've all seen a few of those, often about WgCdr level. I have one very clearly in mind here.

What did your grandfather do? Shoot 'em to put him out of their misery?

smugley
12th Oct 2006, 20:22
History doesn't record! Perhaps a stiff drink and a service revolver? Think that those commissions prompted a re-write, though as you said, the term suits one or two. Or twenty.

Roadster280
12th Oct 2006, 21:46
ISTR that my oath of allegiance was to "obey legal orders of the Generals and officers set over me".

Hence no distinction from Lance Corporal all the way to (and including) Brigadier. I am happy with that idea. I assume the RN & RAF ones are equivalent, substituting "Admiral and Air Marshal" appropriately. What does the RM one say? Generals or Admirals?

MrBernoulli
13th Oct 2006, 10:42
Try here:

http://www.uniform4sale.co.uk/raf_main.htm

To quote "This site is dedicated to the sale of military uniform on behalf of serving Royal Navy, Army and Royal Air Force Officers, Warrant Officers, Senior Rates and SNCOs who have an item(s) of uniform that they no longer wear and would prefer to sell rather than throw away or allow to take up closet space collecting dust."

There used to be another site at http://www.kit2x.co.uk but that seems to have gone, unfortunately.

GlosMikeP
13th Oct 2006, 11:19
Uniform4sale looks old - last post I could find is 2004. Couldn't get the other to work. Pity.

Wrathmonk
13th Oct 2006, 18:44
QFIHawkman

Which are you guys happier with? Surely "Airmen" is as bad, failing to encompass women and SNCOs as it does?

So shouldn't that make you QFIHawkperson? Have you not done your EO training:E

Maple 01
13th Oct 2006, 20:01
I allways prefered 'pondlife' or 'cheap labour'

QFIhawkman
14th Oct 2006, 04:37
Pondlife it is then Maple.

(I did try!)

Vim_Fuego
14th Oct 2006, 05:17
If you're anywhere near Pickering in Yorkshire this weekend take it down there and somebody will bite your hand off for it...

I stumbled across the Pickering war weekend 3 years ago when trying to find a friends house nearby...Thousands dress up like it's the 1940's for the weekend...Although I found it a bit scary due to the high % of crazy wannbees attending they all needed more authentic uniform.

trap one
15th Oct 2006, 02:01
Pondlife it is then Maple.

(I did try!)

Me I used to prefer Enlisted *****$ or Mushrooms or people who actually work for a living.

dirtygc
15th Oct 2006, 12:55
Slightly off topic but can anyone remind me what the number 3 uniform consists of?

cooheed
15th Oct 2006, 14:05
Number 3 dress is CS95. Only permitted headdress is beret or helmet! (thought I'd get that one in for you flying types!!) :}

teeteringhead
16th Oct 2006, 09:46
And a flying suit is No7 dress!! Whereas a linies ovies are ...... er ... a linies ovies... (thought I'd get that one in for you non-flying types!!)

The Masked Geek
16th Oct 2006, 10:54
Surely "Airmen" is as bad, failing to encompass women and SNCOs as it does?

Only in as much as "Human" fails to encompass women......

Maple 01
16th Oct 2006, 11:24
Only permitted headdress is beret or helmet!

So where does the cr@p hat, DILAC and jungle 'floppy sun hat' come in? Let's not forget the top-cover we have for 'chip hats and greens'

All part of No3 dress isn't it? And more ways to annoy the 'let's all dress the same' brigade - which is a good thing

Blacksheep
16th Oct 2006, 12:49
I assume the RN & RAF ones are equivalent, substituting "Admiral and Air Marshal" appropriately...Oddly enough, this old grease monkey had to dig out some old sistifercates yesterday to prove I was edumercated like, innit? Among them is the old copy of my attestation form. It says "...the Air Officers and Officers set over me. So help me God." (He didn't... :ugh: )

cooheed
16th Oct 2006, 19:08
So where does the cr@p hat, DILAC and jungle 'floppy sun hat' come in? Let's not forget the top-cover we have for 'chip hats and greens'

All part of No3 dress isn't it? And more ways to annoy the 'let's all dress the same' brigade - which is a good thing

Well why bother having rules and regulations for anything? Lets make the whole sheebang a free for all..

Maple 01
16th Oct 2006, 23:35
Works for me