PDA

View Full Version : helicopters or speed of sound ?

jetflite
11th Oct 2006, 07:52
I pose a question. . Although our world is filled with the constant battle of Rotary Vs Fixed-wing.

Given the opportunity; would you trade your helicopter career for one of Mach numbers in a FA-18 hornett or any other fighter for that matter ?

Assuming it was instant and tomorrow you were in the seat of a fighter. .

:E :E :E

qwagga1
11th Oct 2006, 08:21
An easy one - no thank you. Not enough variation. But for those that enjoy that.....Have fun.:)

sir.pratt
11th Oct 2006, 08:24
surfing cloud tops at 1000kts, touching the edge of space.

stooging around cliffs, hugging ridgelines over the forest, parking anywhere you want.

tough choice. i can't make one...

SHortshaft
11th Oct 2006, 10:09
The smell of the cordite…. the thrill of the dog fight…. in combat down to 50 feet… running below tree top height or leaving devastation caused by your supersonic boom way, way, behind you….winning the 'battle of the debrief’ and just knowing that regardless of what anyone else says, you can drink more piss than anybody, there is no woman that you can’t have, and that yours is the biggest….who could turn all that down? Not me!!!!
I would go back tomorrow, hell, my bags are packed!!
:E

11th Oct 2006, 10:28
Shortshaft - how do you know there's a fighter pilot in the room?...................................

...............He'll tell you:)

topendtorque
11th Oct 2006, 10:55
Shortshaft - how do you know there's a fighter pilot in the room?...................................

...............He'll tell you:)

we could ask him where he got his nom de plume from - ile est plumage?

besides any that have ridden with us and those love me types reckon that mustering p------ all over jets.

Gomer Pylot
11th Oct 2006, 17:03
Is this a trick question? :rolleyes:

NotHomeMuch
11th Oct 2006, 17:30
Push to go faster - pull to go slower. Houses get smaller - houses get bigger ............................. Yawn!

Matthew Parsons
11th Oct 2006, 17:30
How can you tell who the pilot is at a cocktail party?

......After 1/2 hour he'll say "Well, that's enough about me, lets talk about my airplane"

How can you tell who the fighter pilot is at a cocktail party?

......After 1/2 hour he'll say "Well, I've talked about myself enough, why don't you talk about me"

PS...Choose the fighter, you can always come back.

Helipolarbear
11th Oct 2006, 21:26
Short Shaft..................aptly named ...so the ladies tell me!!!:}