PDA

View Full Version : Etix-tickets

Flock1
10th Oct 2006, 18:43
Okay, I might be worrying about nothing here...

When I booked my flights back in February, I paid for them with my credit card. No problems at all.

But now I have been issued with a new credit card, making the old one obsolete.

When I check in at Manchester, my Lufthansa email says i'll have to input the card I booked the flights with into the checking-in machine. But I chucked it in the bin when they sent me the new card.

Will this cause untold hassle or will it matter not a jot?

I've got ten days to find out!

Regards

Flock

perkin
10th Oct 2006, 20:49
Why not just check-in online or at the desk perhaps?

Globaliser
10th Oct 2006, 23:03
At the end of the day, there will be a way around it. People do have credit cards stolen, and obvious the credit card company won't then issue another card with the same number. It would be ludicrous if that invalidated every airline ticket bought with the card.

I don't know what LH's procedures are, but BA often send you to the ticket desk to have some anti-fraud checks done (or something like that). But the bottom line is that you will still be able to fly.

I would therefore be surprised if LH made it any more difficult. It may even be easier.

PAXboy
11th Oct 2006, 00:58
Have you got the Locator number of the E-tix?
Have you got documentary proof of your ownership of the previous credit card?
The desk agent will be glad to help you.

If you check in on-line, when you get to the fast bag drop, they will want to see the card and so you can provide evidence of the change.

RevMan2
11th Oct 2006, 19:10
Use your passport and check-in at the desk.

The credit card number is used as the FOID - Form Of IDentification - for automated check-in.

Passport beats a credit card (or Frequent Traveller card or whatever) any time and LH won''t give you any probs on this one

Taildragger67
13th Oct 2006, 12:54
Ring Lufthansa and ask them...

Miles & More number from UK:
0870 8377 737

Flock1
13th Oct 2006, 15:03
Many thanks for the replies. Might just go to the desk seeing as we will have luggage.

Chef
13th Oct 2006, 22:17
You can use any credit/debit card or Freq Flyer card with your name on at the SSK. The system will read your name from the card and you should be able to check in from there.

If not as most have mentioned above the check-in staff will i am sure be happy to help.

Chef