PDA

View Full Version : 90 day rule

modelman
10th Oct 2006, 17:44
If you have to wait 6 weeks or so for your licence to be granted does the 90 day 3 takeoffs/landings have to be counted back to the last time you flew solo ( as a student) or does P/ut count? ( or none of the above)
I intend to get at least a couple of flights with an instructor whilst waiting for the license to be returned just to keep my hand in.Would this also count towards the 90 day rule?

MM

JUST-local
10th Oct 2006, 17:51
Yes with or without an instructor counts as long as you are/ were sole manuipultator of the aircraft for at least three take off's and landings.

Dr Eckener
10th Oct 2006, 17:51
It is 3 take-offs and landings in the last 90 days to carry passengers. Can be solo or dual. It is self regulatory.

tescoapp
10th Oct 2006, 17:58
Its just landings but they have to be recorded in your log book. Be it PIC or Dual.

There is nothing stopping you from flying but.......

Until you have the license in you hand you are still a student pilot.

So you can fly solo, do x-countrys etc with all the rules you had before the PPL test ie you have to get signed out every time no pax etc etc.

You will proberly get stiffed for dual but it's quite a good plan to not let your skills get stale while waiting for your license.

Nothing worse than having that first trip (After a quick check out) with a family member on board to discover that your a bit rusty.

Dr Eckener
10th Oct 2006, 18:06
Its just landings
Never did work out how you do 3 landings without 3 take-offs though. :)

172driver
10th Oct 2006, 18:22
Never did work out how you do 3 landings without 3 take-offs though. :)

Well, this is really more for a laugh - but here's how. As the role of PIC can change during the flight, someone else can do the TO's and you do the landings! Really useful info ....... :8

tescoapp
10th Oct 2006, 18:54
Yep its take off and landings :D

If you count the bounces some people can get 2-3 landings per circuit.

Leezyjet
10th Oct 2006, 20:45
Its just landings but they have to be recorded in your log book. Be it PIC or Dual.

My log book doesn't have space to record landings. Only date/ a/c reg / routing/excersie number and then flight time columns, then again it is a South African one.

:hmm:

XL319
10th Oct 2006, 23:13
Can someone clarify...is the 3 TO and landings have to be made at night or any time of day in the 90 days (for the night qualification)

acuba 290
10th Oct 2006, 23:13
Yep its take off and landings :D

If you count the bounces some people can get 2-3 landings per circuit.

that should be phrase of the mounth!:);):ok:

tescoapp
11th Oct 2006, 10:56
if you wish to carry pax at night 1 of those take off's and landing's has to be at night unless you hold an IR.

But i would suggest a few more. The first one of the night season is always a bit of a shock even for an IR holder.

The 90day is only an issue with carrying pax. You can be 180days and fly solo and its all legal from a licensing point of view. The nippy bit is that your insurance policy might stipulate a currency.