PDA

View Full Version : New CX Syd crew??

1500smooth
10th Oct 2006, 05:44
For those wanting to Join CX as SYD DEFO’s a few points to think about.

CX does not NEED you in SYD, they need you in HK you can expect to be given almost a HK roster with some extended breaks in SYD.

With the proposed “NO SO’ on the SYD trips you just lost a whole bunch of sectors which was one of the benefits of being on the base in the first place.

Also because you are not NEEDED in SYD and with a increase of 23 FO’s you can expect not only to loose sectors but do a number of PX sectors for which you will only get ˝ credit which will in turn mean more time away to make your monthly flying quota.

I am in no way saying not to take the job but at least come in with your eyes open as to the roster you are going to get. For those already in CX a basing is a lifestyle choice but I fear a SYD based FO will have very little lifestyle to worry about.

backspace
11th Oct 2006, 06:53
No different ot the SYD freighter basing!!

sisyphos
11th Oct 2006, 07:01
same picture on a freighter europe basing (200), with more and more regional flying. time away from home significantly increased in the last three years.:ouch:

Loopdeloop
11th Oct 2006, 07:27
It's probably cheaper for them to px someone both ways from SYD and do the regional flying out of HKG given the pay and package differential. This is something that I think was missed on the recent basings agreement. There should be a clause in there that limits any base to the amount of credit hours being flown directly from that base with a weighting for leave & sickness. This would avoid the sort of rostering that we're talking about here.
As pointed out by backspace this is happening on the Classic already, simply to avoid basing any Classic pilots in Hong Kong.

backspace
12th Oct 2006, 01:02
Loop

You hit the nail on the head. Unfortunately regardless of fleet/basing the company appears to roster everyone as if they were based in HKG.

Aussie
12th Oct 2006, 01:52
On that note, does CX carry an SO on its Aussie routes?

Aussie

WaldoPepper
12th Oct 2006, 02:14
CX currently carries an SO on these AUS routes:

HKG - SYD - HKG
HKG - MEL - HKG
HKG - BNE - HKG
HKG - BNE - CNS - HKG
HKG - ADL - MEL(px) - HKG

These are the ones i've done. No SO on the Perth route as it's not long enough.

SO operates HKG - ADL, then sits in the back (px) to MEL where he/she overnights before operating back to HKG direct from MEL.

WP

Mach75
12th Oct 2006, 04:02
What aircraft are used on those Australian routes?

WaldoPepper
12th Oct 2006, 06:29
Some years ago they were using the 744 but the last few years has all been the Airbus.

Normally it's like this:

BNE: A330
SYD: A330, A343, A346
MEL: A330
ADL: A330
PER: A330

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but I haven't operated all of these sectors myself.

WP

Aussie
12th Oct 2006, 06:40
Thanks Waldo,

and ya right in regards to the Airbus operating all Aussie Routes!

Aussie

ACMS
13th Oct 2006, 05:01
the 777-300ER will most likely do SYD or MEL in the next few years once North America gets settled. My prediction anyway