PDA

View Full Version : London, Uk AME's for 1st class medical

fatlazypilot
10th Oct 2006, 02:26
Does anyone know of any good JAA AME's near LHR or LGA that will go easy on a newbie? Also do I need anything else except my recent eye exam and my passport? I've never had a drivers license in EU nor any criminal convictions. I've been living near Chicago for the past 10 years.
I've checked some round trip fares for LHR and LGA and they aren't too bad... any advice on hotels and prices near these airports? thanks in advance.

N2000
11th Oct 2006, 09:00
I can happily recommend the chap who does my medicals.

From memory he does UK, JAA, US, and Australian medicals.

TheKabaka
11th Oct 2006, 10:14
I go to Cranston too and he is the best!

If this link works you can find an AME by entering your post code.

If it does not work, go to the CAA site and click on medical, and then click find an AME.

http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?categoryid=49&pagetype=65&applicationid=21

Hotel Mode
11th Oct 2006, 10:36
Hasnt the initial class 1 got to be done by the CAA at Gatwick anyway? (just checked, it does)

Genghis the Engineer
11th Oct 2006, 10:41
You have no choice, initial 1st class must be done at the CAA Medical centre at Gatwick.

If you go onto the CAA's website, eventually you'll find the phone number and they'll take your booking and up-front payment over the phone. (They won't take bookings any other way so far as I'm aware.)

Expect around £300, and 2-3 hours.

G

fatlazypilot
13th Oct 2006, 12:25
You have no choice, initial 1st class must be done at the CAA Medical centre at Gatwick.

If you go onto the CAA's website, eventually you'll find the phone number and they'll take your booking and up-front payment over the phone. (They won't take bookings any other way so far as I'm aware.)

Expect around £300, and 2-3 hours.

G
alright I could probably pull that off here in the coming month. Take a 2 day trip to LGW and take care of this... only concern and I know i should've researched a little more but, I will need 20/20 vision corrected right?
Also could they turn me down of my weight? Im 230 lbs and 6ft tall. thanks again.