PDA

View Full Version : What was that all about ?

Flapping_Madly
9th Oct 2006, 19:31
My Sunday paper had a full page ad ranting about climate change and saying at the end "Sod them. Lets fly"

It said it came from www.unlimited-spurt.org but I can't find them.

Another slogan was "Spurt towards unlimited aviation growth"

Anyone know anything please ?:confused::confused:

TightSlot
9th Oct 2006, 23:43
We now know that there are some very odd people out there...

:uhoh:

eightyknots
10th Oct 2006, 09:19
I thought that was going to be.....erm.......well.....not what it was, shall we say!:8

BOAC
10th Oct 2006, 11:38
Flapping - I assume your post was 'tongue-in-cheek', as the link works well.:) It is an amusing video and a credible attempt to present the environmental issues in a refreshing way.

Pax Vobiscum
10th Oct 2006, 14:06
The usual Greenpeace-style polemic with lots of half-truths mixed together to deliver the message they want you to hear. "Aviation is the fastest-growing contributor to greenhouse gas emissions" may be a true statement, but they don't tell you that it's currently at around 3-5% of the global total of such emissions. Relatively rapid growth doesn't necessarily make it that important.

Of course, if they were really concerned about global warming, they'd be advocating the building of lots of new nuclear power stations, but that wouldn't fit in with the green 'litany', would it?

If you'd like to find out some facts about future energy options, you'd be better off investing £3.85 in the current issue of Scientific American which is entirely given over to this topic.

Regular Cappuccino
13th Oct 2006, 00:23
When the website initially failed to open, one of my colleagues tried to find it by typing "spurt" into Google - and then wished he hadn't!:\

With easyJet proclaiming "Let's Fly" and bmibaby using "Let's Go Flying", we did wonder whether "Sod them. Let's Fly" might be Ryanair's new catchphrase.....:E
RC