PDA

View Full Version : Expensive LFAT

scubawasp
9th Oct 2006, 14:48
Whats the most anyone has been charged at LFAT for a/ or similar C172.

Conditions VFR flight, 1 landing, 1 overnight stop, all within normal operating hours.

I was very suprised when I was charged 20 for landing (normal) 8 for overnight (normal) but 44 for lighting? 72 euros altogether.

Now, this was during normal hours (we landed at 1740 UTC), so not even at night. There was two other aircraft in the group that landed after us, but payed 52 euros.

Anyone shed any light?

gcolyer
9th Oct 2006, 15:03
Maybe you had a shiny (er) plane :ok:

Pilot-H
9th Oct 2006, 19:46
French airfields have wonderfully low landing fees, but night ops incur a lighting charge or "Balisage" which are often relatively high.

pistongone
10th Oct 2006, 07:26
Why didn't you ask them to explain the difference? I have always found them very polite and help full there.

denhamflyer
10th Oct 2006, 08:41
I've found them extremely reasonable. In the summer we dropped in on the way back from further south because the forecast for clouds over the uk were too low to risk.

Once we landed, a pilot had just crossed from blighty and gave a good report of cloud base, we re-checked the TAF/METAR's and then decided to go back immediately.

The guy on the desk had overheard the conversation and refused to take our landing fee! Now thats what I call reasonable (since we had done a planned divert not an en-route divert).

I think if you ask politely you may get a better explanation.

GK430
10th Oct 2006, 13:54
Went in there in poor vis a few years back and could not believe approach ltg was not selected.
I asked for it................and got charged accordingly.
Safety doesn't enter the equation in quite the same manner as it does in the U.K.

scubawasp
12th Oct 2006, 09:02
This is the email I recieved from LFAT

Dear Sir,

You landed at 17h40 UTC. Sunset was at 17h16 UTC. All the flights have
been considered as day-flights until 17h46 UTC.

Certainly, you arrived at the reception desk after 17h46 UTC so that they
considered your flight as a night flight using the lighting.

Nevertheless, I have decided to offer you 2 free landing fees.

Please let me know an adress where I can send the 2 free landing fees.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Best regards

Jean Jacques FROMENTIN

I guess that is fairly reasonable.

gcolyer
12th Oct 2006, 09:10
It doesn't explain why the two aircraft after you did not recieve the lighting charge though.

dublinpilot
12th Oct 2006, 09:38
Perhaps they made it to the reception desk quicker?

Perhaps they were aware of the charge, and told the receptionist that they actually landed before the end of VFR?