PDA

View Full Version : Revised Crew Complement?

christn
9th Oct 2006, 12:41
Fom today's notice to crew:

"To facilitate growth the Company will revise the operating crew complement on some of its Passenger flights...."

What do we read into this?

moosp
9th Oct 2006, 13:09
We also read that there are 32 SYD and 17 AMS F/O base slots available. OK so far, this is normal in an expansion.

The devil is in the details. It is the bit that says, "The Company will recruit, throughout 2007, into any SYD and AMS Base Vacanceis [sic] that remain unfilled."

Interesting that this communication came out the day that the DEFO voting was announced, a resounding "No" from the AOA membership.

So there should be no mystery to those in the HKAOA who voted "No" to DEFO that you are getting it, whether you vote for it or not.

At the very least, the AOA can negotiate some vaseline on the bat handle. Please give them some support when they do.

FWIW

Sqwak7700
9th Oct 2006, 20:07
Let them hire DEFO-PAX into AMS and SYD bases. Doesn't that mean by-pass pay for every SO and Freighter FO then? Aren't these new hire DEFO-PAX gonna be on a current COS?

Let's hope our genious Union pres doesn't let them hire DEFO-PAX on a temporary COS until we can negotiate a better deal. :ugh:

BusyB
10th Oct 2006, 02:08
Squak7700

"Let's hope our genious Union pres doesn't let them hire DEFO-PAX on a temporary COS until we can negotiate a better deal."

You really must be a half-wit!!:confused: CX can employ who they like, we've rejected COS07 and no longer have any input into their plans.

cpdude
10th Oct 2006, 02:34
Let them hire DEFO-PAX into AMS and SYD bases. Doesn't that mean by-pass pay for every SO and Freighter FO then? Aren't these new hire DEFO-PAX gonna be on a current COS?
Let's hope our genious Union pres doesn't let them hire DEFO-PAX on a temporary COS until we can negotiate a better deal. :ugh:

CX always could hire DEFO's to the Pax fleet. CoS07 would just allow them an easy way to do it with less money and less perks. :eek:

It will be interesting to see what kind of conditions the first few DEFO's will be under.:ooh:

tifters
10th Oct 2006, 03:08
Well this should have been expected. No real news here. What we have done is said to the company we dont agree with you doing it under a C scale. By all accounts if they dont get enough applicants then they will have the right for DEFOs without by-pass pay(?). They will however have to put them on the current CoS, which is what we wanted!!!
I have been in CX long enough to realise that i dont think this is the last of it though, let the games begin!!!!

BusyB
10th Oct 2006, 04:02
tifters,

"They will however have to put them on the current CoS, which is what we wanted!!!"

WHY?:confused:

Sqwak7700
10th Oct 2006, 09:15
BusyB "Why??"

Because if they are in a C scale, how easy do you think it would be to negotiate a pay raise in the future??? :ugh: You might want to think about the whole pilot group, not just you. :rolleyes:

I know that CX can hire FOs into the passenger fleet without our approval. But without this agreement it costs them more money and doesn't it secure bypass pay for our freighter and SO???? :confused:

If it costs them money, then maybe they'll think twice about delaying SOs and FOs from joining the pax fleet. This company only understands one thing; money. If we want to negotiate, we have to speak their language.

BusyB
10th Oct 2006, 23:14
Sqwak7700,

We have nothing to make CX stick to an agreement, that's what "WHY' means.:ugh:

Progress Wanchai
11th Oct 2006, 07:10
AMS Base Vacanceis [sic]

FWIW

Picky, picky.

Its a bit unrealistic to expect any one individual to have an interest in advanced mathamatics and have a basic grasp of simple english grammer.

moosp
11th Oct 2006, 13:53
My Bad.

I'll give him a break, if IMT had given us a half reasonable application it would have had a spell checker included. :(

Loopdeloop
11th Oct 2006, 15:14
I hate to do this Progress, but scroll to the bottom of this page:
http://www.usingenglish.com/glossary.html
You did start it......as my children would say!

cpdude
11th Oct 2006, 15:45
I hate to do this Progress, but scroll to the bottom of this page:
http://www.usingenglish.com/glossary.html
You did start it......as my children would say!

"ceis" vs "cies"...like it really mattered!:zzz: