PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial PVR rates

Biggus
9th Oct 2006, 07:57
Has anybody got any anecdotal information on unofficial PVR rates. Apparently the people to ask are your friendly resettlement staff.

I heard a rumour (well this is a rumour network) over the weekend that one of the main (RAF) flying bases has got a current PVR rate of 2-3 per day!! We haven't even got to Oct 12 yet!

Still, no doubt everyone's morale will be improved by the prospect of deploying to Japan to fight our next war......I mean conflict...... I mean enforce UN resolutions...........

flyboy007
9th Oct 2006, 09:49
Not a clue, but I know mine is in!

Just trying to beat the rush,

wwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Vortex_Generator
9th Oct 2006, 10:18
Stand by for all those from personnel who were unsuccessful in tranche 3!

BootFlap
9th Oct 2006, 10:56
Is it just me being cynical or is it a coincidence that as the Tranche 3 redundancies are published, RAF access to JPA and the 'PVR on-line' button are taken away!:p

Rather be Gardening
9th Oct 2006, 13:05
Bootflap

In the absence of a working PVR system on JPA, PVRs can be submitted on paper (Lflt 1303 in AP 3392 Vol 2) available on the RAF website. Seems to be a flurry of activity ahead of Tranche 3, as Flyboy says. One of my wg cdrs and 2 of my sqn ldrs put their papers in today - thought it might have been something I said, but it turns out they don't want to go to HW. Can't say I blame them.

BootFlap
9th Oct 2006, 14:24
Ah, just me being cynical then! Time for my loyalty pill......................
that's better! A day out of uniform is a day wasted, 'leaning' is great and overstretch does not exist, it is merely a figment of imagination put about by those darned 'union men'.:E

Edited as I realised I have added nothing to the debate, just having a silly moment!

cynicalint
9th Oct 2006, 14:33
Rumour within the Int world is that 28 of 120 JOs have PVrd - saw the thread on E-goat ( Sorry, I stumbled over the site by accident!) It would appear that one person put in his papers and was told by the deskie that he was the 28th to do so. In what time scale those 28 were submitted I don't know, but we have heard of several confirmed jumpers recently.

Mr Blake
10th Oct 2006, 12:27
I have it on good authority that PVR rates in a trade I know well has jumped from 3 a month to approximately one a day! And the worrying thing is that the majority of these are from the SNCO cadre, the glue that holds the whole shebang together.:sad:

PerArdua
10th Oct 2006, 14:35
One twentieth of our manpower has PVR'd since they extended the PVR waiting time from 6 months to 12 months. As Mr Blake said it is the 'glue' that is leaving. I know they have a figure of 41,700 to reach but if it keeps going the way it is going they are going to achieve this easily and go sailing on by.

PA

Mr Blake
10th Oct 2006, 14:51
I know they have a figure of 41,700 to reach but if it keeps going the way it is going they are going to achieve this easily and go sailing on by.

PA

From a trade base of approx 1800, one a day will result in the trade ceasing to exist in 5 years! Now I know there's a balance being maintained with recruitment, however the RAF is struggling to meet its recruitment targets, and there will come a time when the trade is non-sustainable. I can only comment on the one trade, but I can assume that these figures are fairly common across the board. The meat on the bone is disappearing fast, and will only vanish more after some take the decision to jump post tranche 3. As PA has correctly identified, we are losing our best and most experienced pers; something has to give!:ooh:

GlosMikeP
10th Oct 2006, 15:05
I was told by an old pal - a Wg Cdr - that only 2% of Wg Cdrs over the age of 50 stay to 55. That's a 98% PVR rate I suppose, give or take a bit! His PVR is on its way.

BellEndBob
10th Oct 2006, 16:04
I don't think that has anything to do with being disenchanted. If you are a Wg Cdr at 50 there is probably little scope for promotion and the system lets you leave at short notice after 50, with all benefits in tact. So, seems perfectly reasonable for most Wg Cdrs to take the option. Makes way for others (and keeps the sh!t flowing) :E

The Helpful Stacker
10th Oct 2006, 16:20
I know there are quite a few SNCO's in the supply trade who are waiting with baited breath for the 12th October but with a PVR ready in the other hand just in case.

As if our trade isn't short of experienced personnel as it is. Soon it seems it'll be just the obscenely long in tooth WOs, just out of milk teeth LACs and SACs and a few Cpls and Sgts who have been promoted to fill holes far too quickly to actually learn how to do the job in the process.

The Helpful Stacker
10th Oct 2006, 17:20
Just how difficult is it to learn how to say "You cant have that one, someone might need it".................:8
Suprisingly difficult.
I've managed to advance to "its no good pointing, USAS says its not there" and "we're closed for stocktaking" but due to a lack of 'brown-nose the boss' or 'charidee mate' follow-up courses I shall be departing stage left next year a fully Q'd up bitter and twisted git.

:ok:

dodgysootie
13th Oct 2006, 14:59
The unofficial PVR rate of the Nimrod Mr2 Groundcrew now stands at 45, unofficially of course!

enginesuck
13th Oct 2006, 16:20
It was 53 three weeks ago..... i kknow more have gone in

nigegilb
13th Oct 2006, 19:51
£100,000 for Sqn Ldr pilots to stay.

Rob's Dad
13th Oct 2006, 20:52
Not sure if £100k is wishing thinking or not, but the Service needs to retain experience somehow.

Looking at the other posts, it seems everyone has a similar story to tell - supposedly 25% gapped posts in my branch at my rank level. No sniff (make that sob!) of extra pay though. And frankly, I'm not sure even £100k would make a difference for me - the emperor does not appear to be wearing many clothes and I'd find it difficult to imagine him fully clothed again!

I do wonder though if PVR tells the whole story? Personally, I think people are leaving in droves, but perhaps that's because:

a. I've become as cynical as Victor Meldrew in my old age.
b. As you approach option/pension points you become more aware of other people leaving - bit like how many red cars you see as soon as you've bought one.

Many people I speak to stay in for the (very good) pension: it would be interesting therefore to see a comparison of how many people are now exercising option points compared to historical 'norms' in addition to PVR rates. Strange that stat is never on the circulars. Told you I was cynical!

flipster
13th Oct 2006, 22:41
F@cking Hell, Nige

Don't say that - I told them that would happen.....3 years ago!!

Is there a BSc degree in 'Predicting the Obvious' and can I get an honorary doctorate?

Flip

PS They'd have to offer me £300k plus before I thought twice about it!

mbga9pgf
13th Oct 2006, 22:45
£100,000 for Sqn Ldr pilots to stay.

What, and keep the stench of week-old piss? :E :E :E