PDA

View Full Version : Wot? No Thumbnails?

tubthumper
8th Oct 2006, 09:34
All my recent attempts to burn image files (usually JPEGs) onto CD-ROM for people have resulted in no thumbnails on the finished article. This is a bit of a problem, especially when the discs usually contain over a hundred pictures, with the recipient only needing to use two or three.

What is going wrong, and more importantly, how can I get the thumbnails onto the disc as well as the image files themselves? :ugh:

BOAC
8th Oct 2006, 09:48
Which image burning programme are you using? I know that some Operating Systems can create 'thumbnails' in a folder view (XP = 'View/thumbnails') but I assume you would need to 'create' and burn them if you actually want those thumbnails on the CDROM? This might work. http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/

tubthumper
8th Oct 2006, 10:13
I'm using Windows XP, but have various other tools at my disposal, particularly Photoshop Elements 4 and Picasa. I'm probably being lazy by sticking with the XP method, instead of opening the manual on Elements, but it is quick and convenient, and once the thumbnail issue has been resolved probably the method I will continue to use.

frostbite
8th Oct 2006, 11:48
I usually view all the images in Paintshop Pro, which results in an index file being written to the folder.

If the recipient then uses PSP, the file is read and the thumbnails displayed.