PDA

View Full Version : CHC Global

Cobra27
7th Oct 2006, 00:34
I am interested in joining CHC Global as a Touring IFR Captain (6/6). What can I expect regarding compensation? What can I expect as far as assignments (location/aircraft) ? What are the accomodations like? Are meals provided? Is travel provided between your assignments and home? I realize that I've asked quite a few questions, any help would be greatly appreciated.

MamaPut
7th Oct 2006, 09:23
With the present shortage in Nigeria you may well be told that your first assignment will be there, flying S76. If you end up in Africa, many of the bases have S76s, though in Sudan they have SA365s. Nigeria is a cr*p place to be but has some of the most modern hardware with mostly new S76C+s and SA 365N3s and AW139s on the way before the end of the year.
Compensation depends on what experience you have, which will be used to determine your starting grade. That will give you a nonthly basic, paid every month. As an IFR offshore Captain, you'll then get $Cdn 213 per day on site and an incentive pay allowance per day on site ranging from zero in a peaceful place like Thailand, to $Cdn 100 per day in a violently unstable place like Nigeria. There are also good health insurance, loss of licence and accident insurance and pension schemes. If you want to buy a personal computer they'll give you an interest-free loan over 2 years to pay it off. The downside is that the method of payment is unnecessarily complicated and pay varies from month-to-month depending whether you're on tour or at home.
Accomodation varies from country to country and base to base. You could be in a nice, comfortable villa in Malabo or a run-down estate in Nigeria (but with a move planned to a nice estate in one of the most dangerous parts of town). You may be in a base with central catering and meals supplied, or one with a daily allowance where you can either cook for yourself, eat out or buy food and have a cook prepare something for you.
They pay travel from your base to home, but at the moment they use some scheme of very cheap marine fares and you carry documents claiming you're based on a rig in the Solomon Isles or wherever :* . Many of the airlines are now seeing through this scam and refusing to issue marine fare tickets to CHC personnel. You can claim for a taxi or mileage from your nearest airport to home.
You'll also be sent to a simulator centre somewhere annually to carry out 6 days of training, a mixture of technical refresher and sim flying. This is well planned and very good value. In general the quality of training in the company is good.
Good luck if you can stay clear of Nigeria, but if not you'll find it a sometimes frustrating, but varied and interesting place for your first base.

froggy_pilot
7th Oct 2006, 10:52
Monthly basic salary is from 2359 to 3812 $Cdn
Daily rate when you work is 213 $Cdn
Incentive when you work is from 0 to 100 $Cdn depending on the country
Extra salary for line trainig captain, TRE, TRI
Possibility in some places to do extended tour if requested by the company
Simulator training once a year,depending on what you fly, USA, France,Norway
Good health insurance, loss of licence and accident insurance and pension schemes
Meals are provided or you have a per diem
Accomodation varies from country to country and base to base
2000 $Cdn advance when you join for any expenses ( taxi, meals....)
Computer interest-free loan over 2 years
Return ticket from your base to home, travel time taken on your leave
Aircrafts: AS365,S76,S61,AS332L1L2,AW139,S92 and EC225 soon
Locations:Brazil, Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Cameroon, Malabo, South Africa, Angola, Azerbaidjan, Vietnam, Thailand.....(big needs in Nigeria for the moment)
A good company with one of the best package

Cobra27
7th Oct 2006, 11:34
Thank you Gentlemen. Your information is very helpful regarding my upcoming decision. Just a few more questions, I hope. The $213 daily, is that paid each day of your 6 weeks on? Which leads to my next question, if not, I assume it is then paid only on days you are scheduled for duty. When on for your six weeks, are you scheduled for duty every day? How much can you expect to fly each day? If asked to extend your tour, is it mandatory and what type of compensation do you recieve. How long can you expect to work in an area, e.g Africa? What are the chances of working in South America? Last, I am unclear from the previous posts, am I expected to pay for travel to the tour site of your 6 weeks on and the company only pays for travel to return to your home? Again, I greatly appreciate your help.

froggy_pilot
7th Oct 2006, 13:13
Yes the $213 daily is paid every single day of your 6 weeks even when you have a day off.

In Nigeria (by local law) you must have one day off per week, in other country things are different.

Monthly average is about approx 70 flight hours (+ or -). On a busy day it's possible to make 6/7 hours of flight, then on a quite sunday you go to the hangar and sit all day doing noyhing.

Extended tour is no so common, only when there is a shortage of pilots. The company doesn't like grounded aircraft due to lack of pilots.
On extended tour you get an extra $200 daily on top off normal salary, this make $513 daily in Nigeria (213 + 100 + 200) plus your basic monthly salary.

Officially you change country every 3 years, but with the big needs in Nigeria, you can stay there much longer.

Keep in mind that everybody wants to go to the good places, so don't hope too much.

The compnay provide ALL TICKETS, you won't pay anything, and if you have like a day stand-by in an airportwhile travelling, they book an hotel room for you.

Super 61
8th Oct 2006, 07:45
ET pay is daily rate + 300Cdn + IP

Travel days are unpaid, only nights on site are paid. No ET for training on time off. Training is very good. Thailand is not as peaceful as previous posts suggest. Many bases currently flying a lot more than 70 hours a month.... 61 crews in Songkhla (Thailand) regularly fly 110 in 30 days, and always 35 in 7 days.

LOL insurance is OK, pension just took a big dive when they switched vendors. New hires can expect Nigeria, as previously mentioned. Lots of new metal joining the fleet, Craig Dobbin just died so we will see how things move ahead now. Pilots are VERY close to the reured numbers to form an association to gain better representation.

Generally a good deal, not many people leaving right now but some unrest over postings (Nigeria in particular) and allocation of new type endorsements. South America is generally covered by National pilots.. Brazil, Venezuela, Equador at the moment.

Lots of variety, lots of extra cash if you want it (hardship posts and ET), good guys to work with, good flight standards dept. Cheers

Outwest
9th Oct 2006, 01:31
As`Super 61 points out, some of the bases are closed to expats. In Brazil for example. By law, only Brazilian and Portugese nationals are allowed to crew there. There are a few exceptions for training, but flying the line is not allowed. Similar situation in Venezuela.

Keyser
9th Oct 2006, 23:29
I've heard that CHC Global generally prefers to hire local nationals to fill copilot slots and only uses expats to get the pilot experience needed for captain slots. Do any of you anticipate that, as those local copilots gain experience, the company will eventually stop hiring expats as the local pilots become captains? I'd imagine that would lower the company's costs considerably.

As an aside, how would a job with CHC Global compare with working for one of the CHC outfits in the North Sea while living someplace other than Europe? Wouldn't the higher compensation in the North Sea significantly exceed the pilot's out-of-pocket cost to fly between work and home for each hitch? I guess it would depend on the tax situation and whether a non-EU citizen would have to pay income tax in the country they work. And then there's the work visa issue...not sure how easy those are to get.

Super 61
10th Oct 2006, 00:59
There are NO out of pocket travel expenses... except for the Bangkok happy ending :rolleyes: . You can live wherever you want to, chc gets you to work ( in the cheapest seat possible). The pay compares reasonably with the North Sea IF you factor in the tax issues. $100,000 CDN tax free is (almost) close to Scotia Captains after tax. Wherever possible CHC Global hires local pilots. You don't deal with visa's, the company takes care of that... unless you want to work for Scotia / HS then there are residency requiremnts and JAA issues. However, you will go to Nigeria, see the other thread for more on that issue.

froggy_pilot
10th Oct 2006, 01:26
CHC Global and CHC Europe are two different things

Yes Super 61 is right !

Working for CHC Europe when you take into account taxes (between 40% and 50%) and living cost and european weather :{ or working for CHC global but send in Nigeria and living in a tropical taxfree paradise of you choice :ok: , it's up to you

Both CHC (Europe and Global) are looking for pilots, if you have JAA licence you get the choice... ;)

But after joining don't complain, you can't say "sorry I didn't know"

PropDuster
11th Oct 2006, 09:35
Also interested in joining CHC Global (6/6 Fixed Wing DHC-6)
Can anyone elaborate on the recruitment process, I've been invited to do the online selection tests.
Are the Salary/Day Rates mentioned above comparable to what the fixed wing guys are on?
Any idea where the current demand for DHC-6 drivers might be?
Any info greatly appreciated
Regards Prop :ok:

Tokunbo
11th Oct 2006, 19:41
Yes with CHC Europe you get paid a lot more, but lose a lot more in taxes, so the overall pay is not much different.
However, in terms of quality of life, you can't compare somewhere like Nigeria with Europe. In Nigeria, the hazard is on the ground more than in the air. Just look at the internet or TV during this last week and you'll see about the expats who have been taken hostage in Nigeria. You'll live in some kind of a compound with totally inadequate security, with unarmed incompetent guards who just sleep at night or armed police who'll do nothing to protect you. Most of the companies in Nigeria now have their staff under some sort of 'lockdown' curfew. Medical facilities are barely adequate and if you're seriously injured in a terrorist attack or attempted kidnapping, just hope you're covered by the repatriation medical insurance. Facilities are such that even the senior military officers who were injured in a recent crash of a military aircraft in the mountains, were flown to South Africa for medical treatment. Then. there's the risk of malaria or other tropical disease. For this, with CHC, you'll get an extra $Cdn a day. You just have to decide if it's worth it for that.:confused:

Flying Bajan
29th Aug 2007, 23:01
Just wondering how long CHC Global usually take to respond to a resume / job application being sent in.

Eagerly awaiting word on a second in command touring pilot position recently applied for...

Flying Bajan
29th Aug 2007, 23:09
Indeed I did.

murdock
30th Aug 2007, 14:04
all depends on what experience you have. If you dont have any twin time, then you wont be getting a repy. You need at least 100 hours twin, preferably S76. Total time would have to be between 500 and 1000 hours I think. Good luck.

the delaminator
30th Aug 2007, 15:50
The only reply you will get is the affirmative one. The HR department at CHC GO gets over 100 apps a day most of which are not appropriate to the cause. So I believe there is a disclaimer somewhere on the website that says no reply means " thank you for your interest in CHC GO blah biddy blah blah blah"

Second Officer positions are often filled by Nationals in the country they are operating in so there are limited positions for touring SO's.

Flying Bajan
30th Aug 2007, 15:55
Education / Credentials:
· 1000 hours Total Time
· Current JAR/ICAO/Canadian/FAA CPL with IR
· Valid passport
· Offshore experience is an asset
· Experience with one or more of the following types is an asset:
- S61, S76 (A, A++, C+, C++)
- AS332, AS365 (N series preferred)
- Bell 212/412

As taken from the www.CHC.ca (http://www.CHC.ca) website. I meet all the requirements - if not the "asset" listings. Nowhere do I see a requirement for 100 hrs twin for a sic job.

Cheers for all the replys so far fellas - keep em coming ! :-)

unstable load
30th Aug 2007, 16:42
The asset bits are there because those are the main types the group operates and thus if you have one or more of them then you are further up in the list with regard to immediate suitability as a new hire. If you do not have one of those types then you will need to be trained up in one of them at company cost.

Simply converting you is also not necessarily a win for the company either, as the clients (oil companies) dictate minimum requirements on type to qualify to tender a contract, thus your new conversion is still not a useable asset to the company without a certain number of hours under your belt.

Then there is the national pilot issue in whatever country we operate in. Quite often that is a condition of simply being allowed into the country and getting an AOC irrespective of whether the nationals are capable or not.

gulliBell
31st Aug 2007, 12:41
"...If you dont have any twin time, then you wont be getting a repy. You need at least 100 hours twin, preferably S76."

Even if you've got 5000+ hours twin IFR on S76/B412 you still might not get a reply any time soon. I've been waiting to hear back from them for 2 years, and I'm still waiting!

unstable load
31st Aug 2007, 12:56
If you go onto www.chc.ca (http://www.chc.ca) and put in an application for a position, the site you go to is an automated system that has been set up as a filter to weed out spurious applications and time wasters.
When you fill out the forms, be accurate and careful as it will automatically mark your application if it triggers a filter and then it literally goes to the back of the queue to be processed only once all the "real" applications are processed.

The system is far from perfect so it is inevitable that a person can fall through a crack. It is also possible to go online and amend your application if your rating/qualifications change at any time.

Cheers,

UL

bell4can
31st Aug 2007, 13:13
"...If you dont have any twin time, then you wont be getting a repy. You need at least 100 hours twin, preferably S76."

That is not correct..I know of 3 FOs in the last 6 months who have been hired with no twin and less than 2000 hrs total. Once hired by CHC, they "build up" their hours on the 76 at Helijet .

Bell4can

Panther06
31st Aug 2007, 13:31
What are the T's and C's for CHC?

manfromuncle
31st Aug 2007, 13:37
Flying bajan,

Do you have an FAA CPL/IR or a JAA CPL/IR?

Flying Bajan
31st Aug 2007, 14:38
I have an FAA CPL and a FAA CFII.

FAA ATP is near completion in approx 2 weeks.

manfromuncle
31st Aug 2007, 15:22
Would the lack of a JAA licence make any difference to the selection process?

Flying Bajan
31st Aug 2007, 16:37
Far as I know - might be wrong though- ICAO and FAA are one and the same ?

FredFri
31st Aug 2007, 16:47
ICAO and FAA are one and the same ?

Yes like USA is The World !!!;)

Sorry, couldn't help myself...:E

helopat
31st Aug 2007, 21:58
Far as I know - might be wrong though- ICAO and FAA are one and the same ?

Thats an incredibly arrogant thing to say...ICAO is a conglomerate of nations who choose to conform (partly or completely) to a set of aviation rules/regs. As an expat American living in Australia let me say that the US really doesn't conform very well to the ICAO standard. May have changed since I was there, but ICAO only gets a marginal mention in the Flight Information Handbook.

Back on topic though, you do seem to meet the requirements with your FAA CPL. Best of luck.

Flying Bajan
31st Aug 2007, 22:24
I was not being arrogant - I clearly expressed that I was not sure of the similarities or differences....

I was of the impression that the ICAO and the FAA licenses were to similar standards.

Thanks for the good luck wishes though.

Perro Rojo
1st Sep 2007, 02:02

Even if you've got 5000+ hours twin IFR on S76/B412 you still might not get a reply any time soon. I've been waiting to hear back from them for 2 years, and I'm still waiting!

Gullibell,

you might be very aptly named. With those qualifications if you haven't heard anything in two years they either didn't get your application or you've been chopped for some reason.

Perro Rojo
1st Sep 2007, 02:07
Flying Bajan,

As someone else already mentioned you won't hear anything from YVR until they need you and then you'd better have your bags packed because they'll need you in a hurry. Pre-planning in not a skill that YVR does well.

Also, without the 76 time you will be continuously bumped to the end of the line until they run out of applicants with the experience, except for Gullibell, of course.

Sorry about that GB. I couldn't resist.

cougar77
1st Sep 2007, 02:11
GB, Have you tried Bristow

ratherboutside
1st Sep 2007, 04:58
Why is 76 time so important? Don't they have Puma's, 139's and 212/412's also? Or do all new hires start off in the 76 and transition from there?

AuxHyd
1st Sep 2007, 06:45
76 time may be useful because present employees can then finally get away from it and fly anything but the 76.

gulliBell
1st Sep 2007, 12:29
Oh, the complexities of those checklists, not something that I look forward going back to. Much prefer those jobs with simple single line checklists (eg. start 2nd engine before takeoff). Thanks, but I'm not looking at changing ships at the moment.

However, out of interest a cursory glance at chc.ca finds it being blocked by the local authorities, as is schreiner.nl, but chcaustralia.com isn't. Weird that, maybe they've done something to upset the PLA recently! Point remains however, that having the experience you think they might be looking for might not get you a look at. And as others have noted, having only very limited experience might find you on the next burner to Vancouver. So give it a go, you never know.

Flying Bajan
1st Sep 2007, 15:20
Let me have it.

Martin.

MamaPut
1st Sep 2007, 16:25
S76 is very important because then you can be sent to Nigeria for a few years and some of those wanting to quit if they can't leave Nigeria, will be able offered postings to decent places so they don't leave the company :}

unstable load
1st Sep 2007, 19:52
:D:D:D

Nicely put, Mama Put!!

IHL
2nd Sep 2007, 00:58
Flying BAJAN:

An ICAO ATPL is a license issued by a state that has signed on with ICAO. ie.
the "old " western bloc countries like Canada, US, Australia, EU ect. Former Eastern block countries are not recognized, i.e Russia, Poland ect. Things of course may be different now.

Phone Wind
2nd Sep 2007, 12:01
ICAO is a United Nations agency and as such most members of the UN, including Eastern Block countries. It issues recommended practices for civil aviation worldwide which contracting states are supposed to accept, and where they don't, they publish a list of those recommendations which they don't follow. The USA's FAA has the largest list of differences from ICAO recommendations.
I think that the current ICAO contracting states number 188, including Russian Federation, Poland, Romania, Nigeria, USA, Slovakia, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Serbia and Montenegro, Croatia and many other former Eastern Block countries. The full list can be found at:
ICAO Contracting States (http://www.icao.int/cgi/goto_m.pl?/cgi/statesDB4.pl?en)

If you're going to work for CHC GO they don't much like JAA or FAA licences because they don't have many examiners for those jurisdictions. If you're working in some African countries for them, they'll get you an SAA licence as the aircraft are on the ZS register. In the case of somewhere like Nigeria, they'll send you to Canada to get your Canadian licence and then keep that current for validation. Be warned that you may find it difficult to keep a JAA licence currebt if you work in Nigeria for CHC as they won't normally pay for you to keep your JAA licence current. This has led to a number of pilots leaving them.

Flying Bajan
2nd Sep 2007, 16:26
Excellent info fellas... keep it coming ! :-)

chcmanagement
2nd Sep 2007, 21:30
ICAO, FAA, JAA, all nonsense. As everybody knows there is only one standard and that is the Canadian maple leaf. We took over a rubbish, money-losing European company and have now improved standards tremendously. Everybody knows and can see that standards in Nigeria have improved 500% since we took over. No more rubbish about needing proper conversions or things taking months right? Now we have pilots on line in days because if they meet the Canadian standard they already exceed every other known standard right? It's just do some antsy little air law exam, learn how to make the lousy radio calls and get on with the job. After all, we have to send people for a solid 2 or 3 weks of groundschool to get a Canadian ATPL(H), so that tells you something straight away right?
The S76 is the right aircraft for the job, except where the world-beating AW139 is the aircraft for the job. How do we know that? Because we say it is right? We're the world's largest helicopter company right? We didn't get where we are today by being wrong right? we're just gonna carry on with our superb values, drink the milkshakes, take the maple syrup on our icecream and just let everyone know that the right way is what we say it is because we have the right to say it because we're always right, right? Awwwww.......right!

Flying Bajan
3rd Sep 2007, 01:16
Thanks for an absolutely useless post Dude. Please keep that sorta rubbish for justhelicopters or for conversations with your mama !

inputshaft
3rd Sep 2007, 03:33
Flying Bajan
You may not like the humor, but don't totally ignore posts like the one above. If you read between the lines there's more than a little truth in those words.
Building 76 time with Helijet probably isn't an option for you as a non- Canadian. Your best bet might be a year or 2 in the GOM to try to pick up some offshore experience and time on a relevant type.

murdock
3rd Sep 2007, 03:35
bell4can - I know of the partnership CHC has with Helijet, but that is only good to you if you have your Canadian CPL, with IR and have the ATPL exams written. I have had friends go the Helijet route as well, but as FlyingBajan only has FAA ratings this option is no good to him, unless he wants to fork out the cash for the Canadian licenses and have the legal ability to work in Canada. Also, you dont work for CHC when they place you with Helijet for building your twin time, you work for Helijet, and would be on the Helijet pay roll, which is not very much. Since you have to be able to legally work in Canada to work for Helijet before going to CHC, and like a lot of people are learning these days, sponsorship is a viable option for getting to work in Canada, however Helijet is not allowed to sponsor foreign piots as they do not meet the requirements for HRSDC.

As far as the Bristow route, I would say once you have your ATPL you would have a pretty good chance working with them globally. Good luck either way.

Flying Bajan
3rd Sep 2007, 15:27
Roger that... seems like CHC might be more difficult to get into and the process to get a seat there not attractive at all....

unstable load
3rd Sep 2007, 15:28
FB,
It is the same as any other company that is hiring, ie, the people that have the required qualifications (ratings, hours IFR etc etc) get first preference to the ones who don't.
It is only difficult to get in if you do not meet the initial requirements.

UL

alouette3
3rd Sep 2007, 17:00
Hello all:
My first time here.Great website and forum.
I have 4300 tt,1350 twin(Seakings and BO105) an FAA ATP,valid passport and Navy experience.However, I haven't heard a word from CHC since I filled out their on line application.They send me e-mails to update my resume, which I do, on a regular basis.But no response yet.I guess the time in type (S76, AS365,et.al.) might be the clincher.Also, there might be a slight Canadian bias to all things USA.I hope I am wrong on this but that is what the impression is south of the Canadian border.
Cheers,
Alt3.

Swamp76
3rd Sep 2007, 19:07
I can see the problems as time on useful types (the 61 is being phased out wherever possible) and licencing.

I have seen others with the FAA ATPL have trouble overseas due to a lack of type endorsements. The US does not use type endorsements for all helicopter types and this has caused troubles getting licences converted.

1350 twin doesn't meet most captaincy requirements and copilot expat positions are hard to come by. The Helijet option has been discussed.

You didn't mention multi-PIC, another hurdle.

spinwing
3rd Sep 2007, 21:01
CHCmanagement ......

Errrrrr ........ you wouldn't happen to have a close relative working in management for a company in the middle east would you???????

:E:E

MamaPut
3rd Sep 2007, 21:22
Helijet and CHC .......... hmmmmmmm. Remember the ex- Helijet pilot who came out from Helijet to Nigeria last year, but never returned from his differences course at FSI? Maybe he'd have been better off staying in Nigeria if he wanted to pass everything? :confused:

alouette3
4th Sep 2007, 12:33
Swamp76:

Going by what is on their website I seem to meet co-pilot requirements.You may be right in saying that ex-pat positions are hard to come by.My point is, on the one hand they seem to be short of pilots,on the other hand they have a lot of FAA ATP guys sitting around with adequate experience but are reluctant to hire them.As for the time in type issue:there is no way anyone on this board will have a tough time converting to another type, even the S76.After all , we are not talking spring chickens here.The simple fact is that the FAA license has validity in all countries except those that are of the Commonwealth.So be it Canada or Australia or the UK, you are out of luck with an FAA ticket.:{
Alt3.
P.S.I have 1100 hours PIC in twins.

Swamp76
4th Sep 2007, 15:17
Ability has nothing to do with it, this is the oil business. It doesn't matter if you can convert to type. We just converted to new aircraft on this contract and had to have 50 hours on type to fly revenue. Same job, same base, same people, but 50 hours of trg/non-rev req'd. A new-hire PIC would need even more.

Time in type is a contactual requirement, that's all.

When converting an FAA ATPL to a licence that uses type endorsements, you need some paperwork that proves you have a type endorsement or equivalent thereof. A buddy of mine in Nigeria needed to dig up an old Saudi licence he hadn't used in a decade. It had the type endorsement on it, his current FAA licence didn't. Without it he was hooped.

Again, it is the oil business tied up in international aviation bureaucracy. Check all common sense at the door.

It's always easier to know the nature of your enemy. If you really want a job with CHC, call them. Be persistent, research where they operate, which base best suits you, all the rest.

Personally, I've never just sat and waited for the autoreply.

SARBlade
4th Sep 2007, 15:24
Certain criteria that eliminates potential employees may not be published on the CHC website because their clients (oil companies) may dictate other criteria that may be discriminatory. For example, a friend of mine had put his resume in, CHC promptly asked for his hours and a passport photo. CHC replied back to him within a week thanking him for considering CHC, but at this time he was not required. After a few emails to determine why, the simple fact came back that because my colleague was 59, he was deemed too old by the client's requirement. It is not a CHC policy, but rather a client issue. CHC complies with their client's wishes. I don't think age should have been a factor, but ultimately the insurance companies have there say. Anyway, there may be other reasons that may eliminate a pilot from flying for CHC, this is only one that I have heard of, and I can't go on record for confirming this.

hornylittlepuma
20th Jun 2008, 18:08
Hi Guys and Girls,
I'm looking for some contact details for CHC Global. Anyone out there have an email address that pilots can send their CV's to?
Any large scale recruitment going on in Global at the moment? I hear there's big new contracts in Nigeria and Thailand...

HLP :ok:

SASless
20th Jun 2008, 18:13
Nigeria or Thailand?????? Gosh but that is a hard choice to make!

seang
20th Jun 2008, 19:33
try this. www.chc.ca/employment_global.php
best wishes

Phone Wind
21st Jun 2008, 15:22
There may be big new contracts in Nigeria, but as a result of its present bust up with Nigerian partner Aero Contractors, it's quite likely it will have no presence in Nigeria within a matter of months. CHC is imploding worldwide :{

L'WAAPAM
21st Jun 2008, 17:59
Hi all,

Try [email protected] she is the HR bod.

Heard that they dont have any positions at the moment. I think they might be waiting to see what happens in Nigeria.

Hope it helps

Cheers,

L'

Super 61
22nd Jun 2008, 01:25
"imploding worldwide" sounds a bit excessive

Outwest
22nd Jun 2008, 06:34
Hey there Super61, things must be settling down for you these days......this is the first time I see you posting in ages.

Good to see you back :ok:

212man
22nd Jun 2008, 07:37
Hey there Super61, things must be settling down for you these days......this is the first time I see you posting in ages.

He's probably too busy sipping cocktails by the Marriot pool, playing golf at Piassau and racking up frequent flyer points going to Farnborough......:E

Super 61
23rd Jun 2008, 02:50
Going to Farnborough... Economy class, and missing the airshow !! I've earned my Marriott pool time the hard way :rolleyes:

hornylittlepuma
9th Jul 2008, 15:43
Hi, Guys and Girls.
Looking for someone to contact in CHC Global regarding aircrew recruitment. Anyone out there want to pass on some email addresses, or PM me.

Thanks,
HLP:ok:

AS332L1
9th Jul 2008, 17:06
I suggest you visit the CHC website and apply through the normal channels like everbody else:ok:

spinwing
9th Jul 2008, 23:34
Mmmmmm ....

I believe there is a bit of a "freeze" on at the moment anyway ... is there not ?????

:eek:

maxeemum
9th Jul 2008, 23:57
Sue Macalpine is the contact at CHC global recruiting.

:}

Joker's Wild
10th Jul 2008, 01:19
hlp,

What's the matter, back and forth to HK getting a little boring? Or has the "effective and caring" management finally driven you mad!!!

Seriously though, I think spinwing might be correct in that CHC aren't hiring too many pilots at the moment. With the current mess CHC is facing in Nigeria, there are a lot of pilots already on staff who need to be re-deployed elsewhere.

Canuck Guy
10th Jul 2008, 04:19
Susan's email is in an older thread on here somewhere. However I'll save some the trouble of looking for it, as she'll no longer be with CHC as of Friday July 11th.

Not sure who's filling her shoes in recruitment.

darrelsdregs
10th Jul 2008, 06:35
With all the comments about CHC and their problems here in Nigeria, I would think Susan's shoes will remain empty under her desk :}

asianrotorhunter
10th Jul 2008, 16:55
Yes :sad::bored:, and YES!!!!!:ugh::ugh::ugh:

spinwing
11th Jul 2008, 01:06
Mmmmm ......

......"I would think Susan's shoes will remain empty under her desk"

Errrrr Perhaps NOT .... try contacting [email protected]

Good luck ....

:E

Outwest
11th Jul 2008, 06:13
Speaking of Nigeria, what is happening there?

Has the fixed wing portion gone to ACN exclusively?

Is RL going to work for ACN?

Are the 225's still going to Lagos?

Have CHC and ACN kissed and made up?

Inquiring minds want to know :}

DTibbals53
11th Jul 2008, 06:21
"Susan's email is in an older thread on here somewhere. However I'll save some the trouble of looking for it, as she'll no longer be with CHC as of Friday July 11th.

Not sure who's filling her shoes in recruitment."

Where is she going. Nice Lady, hate to hear this.

spinwing
17th Jul 2008, 14:04
Mmmm ....

As I inferred above .... Ms Coralee Hewlett is taking over from Susan who has indicated that after 4 yrs of HR at CHC it is time for her top move on ....

Those that have met and know her I'm sure would wish her good luck with her future endevours.....

:ok:

HeliEC135
4th Aug 2008, 07:41
Hi all,

Quick question: Does anyone know what to expect after the initial interview with CHC?

What i mean is the Psycho/Grading tests!! ...tips/ examples very much welcome

Cheers

Coffeelover
26th May 2009, 15:55
What's going on with Global these days? Are things stable or is there more stormy waters ahead?

SpareParts
26th May 2009, 16:40
I wouldn't hold your breathe over CHC. They have alot to work out internally and externally before they will be any stable jobs available. I heard that a few guys were hired for nigeria a couple weeks ago and were laid off 3 days after showing up and went to bristow :} AME's not pilots.

Captain Nobody
10th Nov 2010, 13:25
Anyone got any info on CHC Global ?

twisted wrench
10th Nov 2010, 14:45
What exactly are you looking for?

CHC Global is administered from Vancouver, Canada.
Have bases in many locations around the world.

Operate the following aircraft:
Bell 212, S76A, A++. B, C+, C++, S92A, Super Puma L/L1/ 225īs, A139,
S61. Twin Otter and Dash 8 fixed wing. Possibly more that I am not aware of.

Go to www.chc.ca (http://www.chc.ca) Can find a lot of info on CHC Global and what jobs are open for applications.

Captain Nobody
10th Nov 2010, 15:20
Rosters , Pay, conditions , what are tey like to work for ?????

BOOMER1
13th Nov 2010, 08:54
Rosters: 6 on/6 off
Pay: middle to lower end of the international spectrum
Conditions: Depends, base locations range from Nigeria to various locations throughout Southeast Asia
What are they like to work for: Well that would be a personal assessment, but seeing as we are currently negotiating our first CBA......things should only get better in the future, one hopes!

prehar
20th Nov 2010, 13:17
CHC Global has just put up an advert for AW-139 Offshore IFR Captains ....wonder where all they operate 139s ?? Anyone knows ??

unstable load
20th Nov 2010, 14:19
There are some/ is one in Kazakhstan, I believe. Also in Nigeria.

MyTarget
20th Nov 2010, 16:13
I think you will find they also bid for contracts with AW's and have the qualified pilots interviewed and on the bench just incase they win the said contracts.

AS332L1
20th Nov 2010, 20:02
Also CHC have just won the Woodside contract in Australia which includes 2 X AW139 [plus X4 EC225] :D

HueyHerc
21st Nov 2010, 01:05
Where are the fixed wing assets operating?

HH

ECE
22nd Nov 2010, 21:51
4 x 139 in Kazachstan and 1 CHC owned machine in Nigeria. They also operate 365's in addition to the types already mentioned.

The fix wing assets are/were in Nigeria but now Aero owned and operated

Captain Nobody
7th Dec 2010, 03:20
What's life like in Kazakstan for the pilots, work,hotel, etc

mustering guru
4th Feb 2012, 10:15
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have the current CHC Global's pay scale? I found the current Australian CHC EBA on Fair Work Australia website but was looking for the global one.

Also looking for info on how you find out what level you are according to their tables, I believe it goes something like 1 to 15 for a Captain?? I also seen them in the Australian EBA but no reference to CHC's Global operations.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

MG

helimutt
5th Feb 2012, 14:03
You'll most likely start on about level 12 with over 3 k hours and the right experience.

They also have 139 contrct in Tanzania.

Rotoronin
12th Aug 2013, 13:59
Apologies people, I started a thread and it got moved to here, anyone know how many pilots CHC Global are looking for at the mo?

Original thread post...
Hey guys and girls, I'm looking for some general info. from those pilots who work for CHC Gobal in a Touring pilot capacity or friends of those that do.

Any info. would be appreciated, are pilots well treated and happy? What's moral generally like? What's the rosta on time on? Do you get moved around a lot or tend to remain at specific bases? Are pilots generally rated on more than one type? What's the usual accommodation, hotels or shared accommodation? What do pilots generally do about their tax situation, reciprocal agreements ect.? Any ideas on up and coming contracts?

Cheers for any help.

chopperguy
15th Nov 2014, 15:29
What are the wages and benefits lately at CHC Global?

VTA
15th Nov 2014, 16:14
Call them and ask.... They don't bite.... Much !!!!

pilot and apprentice
16th Nov 2014, 04:56
Any recent word on CHC Global contracts?

I'm sure calling Dallas won't help....before that is immediately suggested.

I have been told that some or all of the work in Malabo has been or is ending. I'm wondering how Romania is going?

After the years of promising are the operations with Atlantic in Nigeria providing work?

As years pass, I have fewer direct contacts it seems.

inputshaft
16th Nov 2014, 13:07
Chopperguy,

The benefits are probably the best you'll find in North America.

Without going into the grubby details of pay in a public forum, your take home income would be close to double what you would bring home as an O&G pilot in the USA or East coast Canada, unless you were already very well established as a heavy captain in those industries.