PDA

View Full Version : eBay Turbo Lister

frostbite
6th Oct 2006, 17:52
Anyone on here use this program?

I've just downloaded it (spead over three days on dialup!) and can't even get started.

You have to create your account, which it verifies on the site, except whenever I complete the information and click 'Connect Now', I get a 'The system cannot find the file specified' message.

I don't think it's even getting as far as talking to the modem to give me this message.

Any ideas please?

Saab Dastard
6th Oct 2006, 18:25
Yes, I use it a lot (similar username on ebay).

It is not explained anywhere, but it appears that TL uses the settings from Internet Explorer to access the ebay servers, so providing that your internet connection is up and running and IE can connect to ebay you "should" be able to get TL to connect also.

However, I have noticed that it is susceptible to timing out, even on broadband, so I dread to think what it would be like on dial-up.

There have been SO many issues with TL2 that it's possible it could be a TL2-specific problem - I haven't migrated to it yet. Worth checking the discussion boards.

You can still get TL1 if you simply remove the "2" in the download URL.

SD

frostbite
6th Oct 2006, 20:18
Thanks for that, SD!

Clue was the 'IE' bit - not used it for yonks, but eventually found it, started it up, and TL worked straight away.

Mind you, if it means I have to use IE I'm not sure it will get used.

(normally used FF but this site doesn't offer any edit facilities in the latest version, so using Opera atm)

hobie
6th Oct 2006, 20:41
Worth checking the discussion boards.

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/forum.jspa?forumID=34