PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair

tanneddarling
20th Sep 2006, 00:01
does anyone think it´s a good idea that ryanair is now asking trainees to pay for their own training course.

i didn´t even get an invite for an interview last year - just an email stating that if i wanted to start training that i had to let them know - with the costs etc.

brian_dromey
1st Oct 2006, 22:16
I have travelled quite a bit recently, mostly on FR, mostly ORK-DUB-LBA, or variations, and I have to admit I am a little concerned with some practices on-board.

Some based crew have VERY poor english, I dont mean accecented, I mean unable to communicate comfortably, unable to make understandable PA announcements.

The safety briefing varies from crew member to crew member, some will point out that the life jackets are overhead, some wont(same demo). Some crew members brief exit row passengers re Exit Proceedure etc, others dont, why?

I also know that there is bullying and the like going on(definately happening at ORK), and I wonder if Ryanair actually cares for the safety and wellbeing of its Crews and Pax? I cant help but wonder if FR monitors the beaviour of its senior crew?

Now dont get me wrong here, FR offers a cheap way to get from A to B, and safety is not compromised by these small items. I do wonder if FR, as an organisation, is seriously flawed and neglects the human side of its business?

eidah
2nd Oct 2006, 10:59
I am afraid you are right they dont really have a human side to there staff. Most of the time all they care about is the flight going out on time and how can we save money. The senior management dont really care about the staff and pax, just how much money they can get from these passengers.

Nick 1
5th Oct 2006, 17:00
[quote] In Rome’s Ciampino airport, one of the strong Italian union federations, FIT-CISL, Comparto Volo, has informed Ryanair’s management about the creation of a union and has nominated the official employee representative.

This is a very important step under the relevant Italian legislation and a crucial success for our work. This should now trigger recognition of the trade union as bargaining partner for the cabin crews based in Ciampino airport.

We congratulate our colleagues in Rome and assure them our strongest possible support from the London headquarters. We will keep you updated on the developments.
Ryan be fair [unquote]

Is it true ?

Carmoisine
5th Oct 2006, 18:17
I really really hope so. The companies treatment of Pilots is well documented on these pages. I can tell you that the cabin crew have it 50 times as bad.

Most of these guys and girls are employed by "Contract Agencies" ( I use it as a loose term) previous track record would show that if these Cabin Crew do things that the company does not like their "contract" is not renewed. 3 or more sick days in a year for example. They will probably just transfer them all to different bases. This is also a know tactic.

captplaystation
5th Oct 2006, 19:00
RYR will probably deal with this in their own ,inimitable way, by throwing their rattle out of the pram and moving all the CC out of CIA.One day this ,"you are not employed in Italy/Belgium/France/Sweden/Germany/Spain*delete as appropriate - but Ireland, and not by Ryanair, but Crewlink/Dooney Enterprises or whatever" will rebound ,and bite them. . .hard. You can run , but you can't hide. . . at least not forever.Heard a rumour there was already some political sh*t surrounding the forthcoming MRS base, just a matter of time before that one comes home to roost.

RYR-738-JOCKEY
5th Oct 2006, 19:17
From what I gather this is a CC union(?), anyway you have my full support. It's about time you unify and do something about your crap Ts & Cs...
I have spoken to several cc's, and from what I understand their salary is really a disgrace to anyone in the aviation business. I love CIA, and I really hope you manage to stand up to the psycos.

Nick 1
6th Oct 2006, 07:02
But , you guys think is possible for an employed in Irish company contract , to join an italian union ? I hope so for the ryan people .

flybywire
6th Oct 2006, 19:13
Now dont get me wrong here, FR offers a cheap way to get from A to B, and safety is not compromised by these small items. I do wonder if FR, as an organisation, is seriously flawed and neglects the human side of its business?
Safety, unfortunately, is very often compromised by these "small things".
History taught us that human factors/communication are often the cause of the worst of disasters.