PDA

View Full Version : Image hosting

whiz
5th Oct 2006, 09:02
Can anyone recommend a good FREE image hosting site. I have some pics that I want to share with family and friends in the form of an album or two. I have tried photobucket but the process of uploading 100+ pics was very time consuming. It does recommend downloading a web browser called 'Flock' but having done this I couldn't find an option which allowed me to invite peeps to see the pics :ugh: Is there an easy to use site which will allow me to upload multiple images and create more than one album ?

maxell
5th Oct 2006, 10:34
I have used yahoo photos in the past, Think I had to reduce the quality though.and cannot remember the max size of the storage. Although you can set them up in albums and invite people to look at them

mdc
5th Oct 2006, 10:51
Take a look at googles picasa (http://picasa.google.com). It would appear to meet your requirements.

Michael

flynverted
5th Oct 2006, 10:52
Whiz
I use photobucket along with the photobucket uploader tool (not flock). At 20 pics per upload, it doesn't take long to add all your pics. :ok:

BOAC
5th Oct 2006, 11:11
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=246758

whiz
5th Oct 2006, 11:41
Whiz
I use photobucket along with the photobucket uploader tool (not flock). At 20 pics per upload, it doesn't take long to add all your pics. :ok:

Yes that upload was pretty good but when I tried to add more pics but of a different subject it wouldn't allow me to create a new album it just added the pics to the original album. Is it me ?? :confused:

flynverted
5th Oct 2006, 11:49
You gotta create a new album Before uploading, you can't create a new album with the uploader tool. Or upload to a current album, then create a new album & do a batch transfer to the new album.

Good luck.:ok:

Edited to add: Go to photobucket.com, log into your account, then create a new album. Then use the uploader tool to upload to your new album.

whiz
5th Oct 2006, 14:12
You gotta create a new album Before uploading, you can't create a new album with the uploader tool. Or upload to a current album, then create a new album & do a batch transfer to the new album.

Good luck.:ok:

Edited to add: Go to photobucket.com, log into your account, then create a new album. Then use the uploader tool to upload to your new album.

I'm sure thats what I did last night and it wouldn't work but I've just tried again and all is well. Thanks Flyinv :ok:

BOAC
Thanks for the link, now that I seem to have photobucket working as advertised it all makes more sense :)