PDA

View Full Version : FAO ABZ Based CHC Scotia Crews

excrewingbod
4th Oct 2006, 22:03
If any ABZ based crews are reading this, can you pass my apologies to whoever was operating 'MN', on Saturday morning - 30th Sep, for pointing my camera/lens combo at them. According to a couple of my colleagues, who were operating that morning, the crew of 'MN' were concerned that someone was pointing something at them, from outside the perimeter fence. I suspect that the lens may have looked a bit sinister from their vantage point.

Apologies, for unintentionally causing a distraction, when you probably least needed it. I had only popped out to capture a few shots of my employer's aircraft, two of which, arrived a few minutes before your depature.

roundwego
4th Oct 2006, 22:33
Maybe they would have been better concentrating on what they should have been doing rather than rubbernecking what was happening outside the fence.

Have they never seen plane-spotters before?

332mistress
4th Oct 2006, 22:51
roundwego

What a puerile remark. :=

Many of us have been at the wrong end of a RPG and it is to the crews credit that they were aware enough of their surroundings to spot a possible threat.

332M

Cyclic Hotline
4th Oct 2006, 23:14
RPG's at ABZ?:eek:

I thought the only instance of an RPG being fired on a helicopter at ABZ, was on the other side of the field!

And that was a rocket propelled golf ball!:uhoh: Those Dyce bunch are a tough lot!:E

SASless
5th Oct 2006, 00:10
Excrew....

At least the crew room chat was about something different for a change....I am surprised they even seen ya.

Just be glad it weren't no M-1 Abrams you wuz clicking yer shutter at....they shoot back at photographers with 120mm HEAT rounds!;)

froggy_pilot
5th Oct 2006, 00:48
RPG's at ABZ?:eek:
Your are not the main target, you are in ABZ. :E
Stop your paranoia, you are not in a combat area, if you miss adrenaline, there are more interesting places waiting for you, like Irak, Nigeria...:\
(whatever it's always good to be ready)

Cyclic Hotline
5th Oct 2006, 01:36
Circa 2001.

A 58 year old man has been admonished at Aberdeen Sheriff court on a charge of hitting golf balls into the CHC Scotia helicopter ramp area located almost adjacent to his house last April. The court was told that the offender, who had previously made numerous complaints to the airport authorities and operator about noise and disturbance and claimed that various promises had been broken, finally "snapped' one Sunday morning. No damage was caused and an original more serious charge of reckless behaviour was dropped, with the offender having now put his house on the market. The problem should however be solved when CHC Scotia moves to its rebuilt original terminal facility on the west side of the airport mid-2002.

Cyclic Hotline
18th Oct 2006, 16:01
Club throws out golfers after 'copter attack

Two young golfers have been kicked out of a prestigious golf club after hitting balls at a helicopter.

The shocked pilot reported the pair reported the young pair for shooting balls from the practice ground at St Annes Old Links Golf Club directly towards the aircraft above Blackpool Airport.

The pair had their membership terminated after the club's disciplinary committee found their behaviour "unbecoming a member of the club".

The ban from the club has been welcomed by the British Helicopter Advisory Board who said it was akin to someone aiming a gun at an aircraft.
18 October 2006

paco
18th Oct 2006, 16:20
No, honest, guv - the fish was just innocently jumping out of the water and got hit by a helicopter :)

Phil

ppng
18th Oct 2006, 19:05
Excrewingbod
Ignore them - thanks anyway.