4th Oct 2006, 21:00
Experiences?

Flyin'Dutch'
6th Oct 2006, 00:03
Not as a patient.
Pesky condition.

fueldump
8th Oct 2006, 09:54
Had Iritir twice! Most painfull thing I have every experienced. Steroids eye drops and rather strong painkillers prescribed. Took about three weeks for eye to return to normal. No lasting effects as long as you get the treatment early.
Regards

Fueldump:ouch:

Bearcat
8th Oct 2006, 10:53
yeap have the HLAB27 gene which is assoc with with back probs but uvitis is an off shoot. have it 4 times in 15 yrs.

when you get it as a prof pilot you are grounded for 8 weeks period. 3 weeks to get rid of it and and the rest to shake off the eefects of the drugs. ATROPINE i think they use to dilate your eye and its a f@cker of a drug as your eye will not return to norm for ages and you get really worried will you ever focus correctly again.

i am very lucky....have a direct line to a top optalmic surgeon....he will fit me in if i get a relapse. uvitis is not for GPs to play with. also a a prof pilot the medical people have sympathy as its the tool of our job hence in my experience q skipping to see peiple is the norm.

Uvitis is not a licence class 1 but will ground you for a while. repeated attacks will cuase concern though. had once to get an injection into the side of the eye ball to get the inflammation down bu this was once only in 4/5 attacks.

best a luck, have patience, don't piss around and see a quack....see the an opthalmic surgeon.

once a top opthalmic surgeon signs you off again to fly the caa will accept this as against going to one of their guys.

oh my spelling on a reread is appalling.....you get the jist though.

RoyHudd
9th Oct 2006, 17:52
Comprehensive reply, and useful. Cheers.