PDA

View Full Version : Defence Procurement on Radio 4

Kitbag
4th Oct 2006, 07:06
Heard last night that Radio 4s 'File on 4' is doing a prog on Defence Procurement 'fiascos' next Tuesday (10 Oct) evening at 8 O'clock. Any Ppruners been approached/involved?

Proletarian
4th Oct 2006, 07:56
I had no idea that Radio 4's 'File on Four' was about to broadcast a programme on defence procurement fiascos. It's obviously a topical subject, because I was recently approached by an ITN journo, who was doing some background research about the Nimrod MRA4 delays, as part of a future programme on defence procurement fiascos. IMHO lack of sufficient funding by the bean counters at the Treasury is at the root of most of the problems.

Proletarian

DICKYMINT
4th Oct 2006, 08:14
How long is the programme?:)

Archimedes
4th Oct 2006, 08:41
Not sure, exactly, but since it's on defence procurement, I'd suggest it'll be about a decade longer than anticipated...

mustflywillfly
4th Oct 2006, 12:26
.........and would have been very very interesting ten years ago.....

PPRuNe Towers
4th Oct 2006, 14:55
The File on Four producer did approach us but at the time mil ppruners' toys were being flung in every direction regarding the fourth estate.

The offer was there but he decided it might be counterproductive to post. So back to journalistic basics and pursuing other leads while refining the story down to a couple of very interesting areas discussed here many times.

Regards
Rob