PDA

View Full Version : sterling self sponsored

avi8
3rd Oct 2006, 17:28
Anyone know anything about Sterlings Test before the self sponsored type rating?
What are the chanses of getting a job after something like that?

Jannik23
3rd Oct 2006, 18:16
Dont know about tests - if any - but do know that they dont guarentee anything after the rating and that the just visited schools in DK about offering them a SSTR when they finish - still with no job promises - su guess its just another way of making money for sterling

avi8
4th Oct 2006, 08:53
You're right.
They don't guarantee anything, but I want to find out more.

I know they run some kind of tests. I'd like to know if it is sim testing, psycological (iq test like) or operational questions etc.

I'd appreciate any info!

Ducceman
4th Oct 2006, 12:02
Hi!

I did the rating with them this year.

It is nothing you can really prepare yourself for. 4 Tests that a psychologic has developed, nothing that is difficult. Then it is an interview with 2 persons from Sterling, who you are and why. After that you are offered to pay 30000 Euro for a B737 rating with no guaranties. And then maybe if you are offered a short term contract you will be asked to pay 2500 Euro extra.

It gave me a short term contract and hopefully it will give you the same opportunaty.

wilcoluca
4th Oct 2006, 12:15
Is this opportunity open to everyone? Where I can find all the informations?

FlyByHeart
4th Oct 2006, 20:44
And then maybe if you are offered a short term contract you will be asked to pay 2500 Euro extra.

Anybody in the know that can explain what this extra pay is supposed to cover?

Jannik23
6th Oct 2006, 18:50
a requirement is that you can speak ,danish, norwegian or swedish.

tests consists off - short simride, aptitude test and interview

thats what I was told today

Jannik

Frallifraxer
6th Oct 2006, 20:40
How many h do you need for sterling and do they pick guy´s from Center AIR ?

Jannik23
6th Oct 2006, 20:46
THey dont pick guys from CEnterair - they have to do the same tests and pay same price - no real difference really

avi8
9th Oct 2006, 07:03
Is there really a sim check? Do they have a sim in Kopenhagen?
Not talking about a job interview, but the asessment for the Self sponsored type rating program. Guess you will have to do a sim check for the job inteview later on if you're offered one...

avi8
11th Oct 2006, 06:18
There should be someone out there that knows?

topper74
11th Oct 2006, 07:14
theres no sim check.
U will have certain tests followed by an interview.
After that the will contact u they feel ur qulified.
Then u can begin ur type rating.
If they need u they will hire u after typerating without any sim check.
Afterall u have done ur final check for the typerating with an sterling captain and the base check too.
so they should have a good idea have u perform