PDA

View Full Version : I MUST be drunk!!!

heights good
3rd Oct 2006, 09:33
Finally progress or am I seeing things? :)

www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2385487,00.html

Skunkerama
3rd Oct 2006, 09:41
What with this and Guns being activated on the Typhoon......who here is controlling the government?

Soon we'll have nothing to critisize or drip about.

Next headlines will read, 20x A-10's given to RAF in Afganistan. JPA axed. WMD's finally found in Iraq, OBL found tortured and murdered, Americans and British realise they are a bunch of swells and get on with mutual respect, although Britain has to admit that the US is technicaly a bit bigger.

Tombstone
3rd Oct 2006, 09:50
They're activating the Cannon on Typhoon?

Mr Blake
3rd Oct 2006, 09:56
Yes! See link:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/10/03/ntyph03.xml

Still has problems to overcome before its inception, and is largely useless, but as they say better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Skunkerama
3rd Oct 2006, 09:57
Text was posted on the Utterly butterly useless thread.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/10/03/ntyph03.xml

Opps too late, Mr Blake has his running shoes on.

PompeySailor
3rd Oct 2006, 09:58
What with this and Guns being activated on the Typhoon......who here is controlling the government?

Soon we'll have nothing to critisize or drip about.

Next headlines will read, 20x A-10's given to RAF in Afganistan. JPA axed. WMD's finally found in Iraq, OBL found tortured and murdered, Americans and British realise they are a bunch of swells and get on with mutual respect, although Britain has to admit that the US is technicaly a bit bigger.

20x A-10's given to RAF in Afganistan - no fuel available to fly them.
JPA axed - no Admin Staff to restart old pay system.
WMD's finally found in Iraq - but they are ours.
OBL found tortured and murdered - UK on trial for failing to prevent incident.

Americans and British realise they are a bunch of swells and get on with mutual respect, although Britain has to admit that the US is technically a bit bigger - don't be so silly!

ORAC
3rd Oct 2006, 10:15
Already posted on "Better T&C" (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=246316) thread earlier.

Skunkerama
3rd Oct 2006, 10:17
The glass is half empty Pompey?

mary_hinge
3rd Oct 2006, 10:19
If and when it happens then this is excellent news, provided the cash goes direct to the individuals and there family at the time of earning, and not wrapped up in such complicated and impossible terms that means they might get some of the money at some time in the future.

Unfortunately, with current HMG performance then I would not be surprised if it is paid as a Tax Credit, managed by the former CSA and employing more T**sers like Jimlad1:}

PompeySailor
3rd Oct 2006, 10:21
The glass is half empty Pompey?

The glass has a little tiny hole drilled in the bottom with a diversion tube to other Government departments. Cynical, but developed from experience of seeing the left hand giving us something, but the right hand picking our pockets at the same time!

London Mil
3rd Oct 2006, 10:37
Most of the cash will probably go to EDS as they will have to modify half a sub-routine in the wonderful personnel management tool known as JPA.

cynicalint
3rd Oct 2006, 16:33
Throughout their careers, all Service personnel receive a 13 per cent allowance on top of their basic salaries.

Can anyone explain what this 13% refered to in the original link is? I assume it refers to the X-factor, which I thought was around 10% and included in our basic salary. Do some really think that we get the X- factor in addition to the published rates of pay? Otherwise comparisons ought to reduce our basic by 10% to compensate and show what we are really paid without the X-factor.

PompeySailor
3rd Oct 2006, 18:06
Throughout their careers, all Service personnel receive a 13 per cent allowance on top of their basic salaries.

Can anyone explain what this 13% refered to in the original link is? I assume it refers to the X-factor, which I thought was around 10% and included in our basic salary. Do some really think that we get the X- factor in addition to the published rates of pay? Otherwise comparisons ought to reduce our basic by 10% to compensate and show what we are really paid without the X-factor.

13% is the X-Factor, and is included in our salaries. It's a bit of a cheap trick to be honest, because it's included in everyone's salaries, even non-seagoing Wrens and P7DowngradedBecauseI'mFitForFcukAll personnel. It's a nice little soundbite that they can drag out to show how valued we are.

Severance
3rd Oct 2006, 18:36
Finally progress or am I seeing things? :)

www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2385487,00.html (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2385487,00.html)

"I must be drunk" is my Mantra, though it may differ in context..........