PDA

View Full Version : Northwest Airlines (NWA)

shamrock7seal
3rd Oct 2006, 08:54
has anyone experienced economy on nwa? I am due to travel to MXP from LGW in November (when I believe the aircraft type changes from the DC-10 to the A330-300). I'm not sure what food and IFE is like. Could anyone advise? Thank you!

cjhants
3rd Oct 2006, 09:18
flew on the A330 to detroit and back last year. i thought it was quite good. 2-4-2 seating, i think. we had the window and aisle seats both ways, so no struggling past someone you dont know to go to the toilet/stretch your legs.
IFE was excellent, on demand system. you could select music from a decent list and play the tracks you wanted, in the order you wanted. several movies that you could start and pause whenever you wanted. kept the kids quiet for the whole journey, which was a first.

food was the normal fare, dire or acceptable according to how fussy you are.
have a good time.

shamrock7seal
3rd Oct 2006, 10:17
Thanks for that. Sounds pretty cool then. Got a real amazing deal with them!

Middle Seat
3rd Oct 2006, 14:07
MXP (Milan) from LGW (Gatwick) on NW? Uhm, you might find the aircraft has been painted blue and the letters K, L, and M appearing on the fuselage.
If however you're doing a transatlantic on an A330-300, the reports are accurate, on demand entertainment, which is good when you discover a movie you thought you wanted to see, you find you really don't.
Same systems on the 330-200, which is what I was on.

cjhants
3rd Oct 2006, 14:26
middle seat, i am assuming he is on his way to minneapolis st paul, which is the other route flown from gatwick.

shamrock7seal
3rd Oct 2006, 14:26
MSP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry, i lost it for a moment. i'm normally so good on my codes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway cheers for the latest...

Middle Seat
4th Oct 2006, 14:27
...thanks for the clarification, I'm glad to know I wasn't going crazy. Even full up its not an uncomfortable ride, and was even surprised at how much we were fed on SEA-AMS and AMS-SEA.