PDA

View Full Version : A Looooooonngggg wait.

gipilot
2nd Oct 2006, 16:57
Hi Guys,

I got the call of my life 2 months ago to start DEFO in Europe. Very happy everything went ok, and also looking forward to start at CX as this will hopefully be my last company as well.

BUT , maybe it's just me being to eager to start but they couldn't give me a start date but I've been told that I should expect a start date in about 8 months, in the second quarter of 2007. That's a long wait though, does anybody know why it's taking this long? Got friends applying after me and starting before me at other large carriers. Are they recruiting so many people that they are planning people 8 months ahead? From what I've understood this is not for the DEFO in the U.S. they will get an earlier date cause they are pretty short on pilots in the US for CX.

And another one for the ones that might know. Considering the fact that CX is short of pilots in the U.S.(personally informed during interview) why aren't they considering non-US citizens to for basing in the U.S.?

Fly747
3rd Oct 2006, 06:53
Why not try Dragonair? The recent decision to base the -400 BCFs at MAN means that they suddenly need at least 20 new FOs for the classic as people upgrade to command and to the -400. I reckon you could get a course before Christmas if you try!

geh065
3rd Oct 2006, 13:21
CX are short of pilots, but it is not for a lack of applicants. There are simply not enough training slots available. Your distant date is because there are lots of other people slotted infront of you for training and not because there is something contradictory going on with them saving they need pilots and not giving you a slot in the near future.