PDA

View Full Version : Aeros sponsorship

PPRuNe Towers
20th Sep 2006, 07:22
Following successful placement of a previous sponsorship to Flybe as a First Officer, Aeros Flight Training at Gloucestershire Airport are once more offering a full sponsorship to Frozen ATPL.

The successful applicant will receive flight training from zero flight time to frozen ATPL in return for working in our busy operations department. The applicants should ideally be aged 17 to 22 years with a minimum of 5 GCSE’s including Maths and Science and 2 ‘A’ levels. Some flying experience would be an advantage but is not essential.

To apply, send hand written cover letter, CV and photo to:
Operations Manager, Aeros Flight Training,
SE4 Gloucestershire Airport, Cheltenham,
Gloucestershire. GL51 6SP

Closing date for applications 28st October, 2006.

Please address all questions to Ops Manager at [email protected]

planeshipcar
2nd Oct 2006, 14:38
Hi guys,

I've noticed there is no thread on the sponsorship. Just wondering if anyone has applied and whether they've heard anything etc.

chileconcarne27
2nd Oct 2006, 17:35
I'm definitely applying! Kinda have nothing to lose.

I'm struggling with what to put in the cover letter though: anyone had any ideas? Is it just a case of announcing youself to them or do they want more details, expanding on stuff that's already in the CV?

Also, anyone going with a non standard passport photo?

zim2uk
3rd Oct 2006, 12:49
Hey Everyone,

Just thought I would throw my 2 cents in, one of the previous posts was slightly inaccurate.

I started the aeros sponsorship scheme in 2003 and completed it at the beginning of this year. If I had my time again I would definately go for it again, a thoroughly worthwhile sponsorship. I left at the end of March with just short of 1000 hours and an airline job arranged through the company with one of the major regional airlines.

It is incredibly hard work and not everyones cup of tea, however for me it really paid dividends. The pay is about £400 a month which is obviously not a great deal, however most applicants have found a way to get by and not get into debt. The hours are long and the work quite demanding but the guys you work with are really top class and will help you out whenever they can. You are pretty much left to your own devices on the desk, no one tells you what to do, they just expect you to use your own initiative and get it done.

With regard to the previous comment about customer flying coming first, although officially this is true, not once was my flying affected. Courses such as the CPL and IR, once booked do not change. They do keep to their word.

A few points to consider for those thinking of applying:

1. There is no bond, you are free to leave at any time
2. From zero to fATPL is 3 years, 1.5 years longer than if you paid for it yourself but..
3. No debt
4. High quality training, Aeros has one of the best reputations in the country

I hope some of this info helps, but if anyone would like any more please feel free to pm me.

Best of luck to those who apply.

EGBKFLYER
3rd Oct 2006, 14:20
I know the above poster and while I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the sponsorship details (though I'm sure they'll be correct), I can back up what is said about Aeros as an establishment. When I chose them for my IR and CPL training, it was due largely to their ability to deliver on what they promised.

Best of luck to those applying - this is a genuinely good opportunity. :ok:

planeshipcar
4th Oct 2006, 00:25
has anyone who has applied been contacted about the application

planeshipcar
9th Oct 2006, 17:19
I have to admit I'm quite surprised that very few people have replied to this thread.

Has no one recieved any information. Do they bother acknowleging your cv once sent even if you have not got an interview. Has anyone else heard anything?

Also, when are interviews expected to happen and the sponsorship start?

cheers. I know I have no chance but can't loose anything!

colette
9th Oct 2006, 22:32
hey well it says the closing dates not til the 28th of october so Id have thought you would probably hear sometime after then?! good luck!!
colette :ok:

scroggs
10th Oct 2006, 07:23
Hi guys,

I've noticed there is no thread on the sponsorship. Just wondering if anyone has applied and whether they've heard anything etc.

Does this (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=244625) not count?

Scroggs

planeshipcar
10th Oct 2006, 13:26
I don't know if you are trying to be funny, but that thread is closed to anyone to comment on. So yes no one had opened a thread for this apart from me,

why are you piicking on me wrongly?

newbie008
20th Oct 2006, 10:17
are many applying for the sponsorship at the top of the page?

FiiS
20th Oct 2006, 10:41
Aeros chat (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=246320)

Hey Newbie,

There was some Aeros related chatter in this thread :)

NT42
20th Oct 2006, 15:10
Hey,

I only found out about this opportunity over the last day or so - and for someone like me, it seems perfect. (18 year old, just finished A-levels, PPL, wants experience within aviation as well as flying training etc.). So to answer the original question - I'm just about ready to apply now. Will be sent 1st class soon.

Also, zim2uk, please check your PMs.

Thanks.

FiiS
22nd Oct 2006, 18:16
This does look like a superb oppertunity ... I used my bestest neatest handwriting :ok:

In all seriousness I'd actually love a job in Ops, so to mix that with flying would be right up my street!! And besides, all my money goes on flying anyway, so if I'm only paid beer money I'm a happy bunny (survived the wilderness of student life somehow!)

I should suspect Aeros are flooded with applications ... maybe even chaps overseas for the coveted fATPL ...

Best of luck guys!

chileconcarne27
22nd Oct 2006, 19:13
Has anyone received a reply from Aeros saying that they got your application? Or any news about the stages to come?

chile

FiiS
22nd Oct 2006, 19:16
Nope. But I'd guess they're quite entitled to do nothing until the closing date, and indeed may do nothing at all! (quite possible with the potential high volume of applications).

MacDude
1st Nov 2006, 10:59
Ive just seen the advert/posts about the Aeros sponsorship and would of been tempted to apply but i was thinking about the finances :uhoh: if its £90 per wk or £360 a month, surely this would not cover rent, other bills, food etc?

newbie008
2nd Nov 2006, 12:12
Read the post - Think you are a little late for it!

FiiS
2nd Nov 2006, 17:23
Ive just seen the advert/posts about the Aeros sponsorship and would of been tempted to apply but i was thinking about the finances :uhoh: if its £90 per wk or £360 a month, surely this would not cover rent, other bills, food etc?

MacDude,

Pilot was advertising the scheme this week with no close date, so if you're quick you could get an application in the post straight away in the hope that they'll still take a couple. As for finance ... dunno how much of student life you've experienced but there's always a way to make the pennies stretch a little further! You might be able to convince Barclays to give you a career development loan, for example, which would help if you were sensible with the cash.

Captain Spam Can
3rd Nov 2006, 12:38
Anyone heard anything back from Aeros yet?

PPL152
3rd Nov 2006, 21:16
Sent my application about 3 weeks ago.

They confirmed they have my application letter and that they will be doing interviews 1 to 2 weeks following the closing date.

However, nothing related to the selection process as such.

Good luck.

martyfly
7th Nov 2006, 14:53
Hi

Just noticed this thread:O , got a call last week from Aeros asking me to attend an interview next week. Anyone else got a call yet? if so would be good to hear from you.

Martyfly

chileconcarne27
7th Nov 2006, 15:16
I sent them an email on sunday asking if they had sent anything out (i had been away and had no internet access and hotmail delete junk mail after 5 days). Had a reply today saying not to worry, and that they would be 'contacting me next week'.

Well done with being given the call though :D

I'm hoping to be as lucky! Aren't we all.....;)

MikeSamuel
14th Dec 2006, 10:40
Did anyone get this in the end? Sounds like a decent opportunity.

MJR
14th Dec 2006, 14:48
Yes, applicants were short listed and the successful applicant has already started

trailingedge150
14th Dec 2006, 14:51
apparantly they were interviewing for 2 posts, one to start straight away and one to start in 15 months as well.