PDA

View Full Version : Wheelchair facility

colmac747
1st Oct 2006, 16:03
Not a regular flyer.

I'm travelling with my little old Granny tomorrow to LIG. Because of location, we need 2 flights to get there. EasyJet from EDI to STN, then RyanAir from STN to LIG. The flights were booked in March this year.

Little old Granny has now decided she'd like a wheelchair (facility) to ferry her about the airports (i believe STN has a rather long walk??). She's 81 and concerned about the amount of time she'll be on her feet.

Anyway, i've checked out Easy Jet and Ryan Air's websites and it looks like a wheelchair facility should've been fixed up a while ago, not the day before, when Granny decided a wheelchair might be a good idea. I agreed until i checked the sites out.

What i need to know is it possible to just turn up tomorrow, inform a member of staff of the wheelchair issue (bearing in mind it's not been arranged beforehand) and hope a wheelchair is provided:confused: Or does little old Granny have no chance of aquiring one now?:ouch:

lexxity
1st Oct 2006, 17:37
Colmac the good majority of wheelchair pax don't prebook them, they just request them upon check in. I don't work for EZY, but I don't imagine it would be a problem.

colmac747
1st Oct 2006, 17:40
Great, thanks Lexxy:D :ok:

Just wondering if we should keep the EasyJet wheelchair and board the RyanAir flight with it!:E