PDA

View Full Version : Info on working and living in Saudi

prang one
1st Oct 2006, 03:35
Hi All,
Ex mil just been offered a 6 month contract flying out of Saudi.
looking for information on the present security situation from anybody with current information. I will be flying american reg aircraft and working on a US Gov contract :ooh: :ooh:
Also has the situation changed much regards women since the 90s. Ie can my fiancee live on the compound with me? be in public with me? or are the religous police going to want to see a marrige doc :=
all info welcome

coffindodger
1st Oct 2006, 04:58
Hi All,
Ex mil just been offered a 6 month contract flying out of Saudi.
looking for information on the present security situation from anybody with current information. I will be flying american reg aircraft and working on a US Gov contract :ooh: :ooh:
Also has the situation changed much regards women since the 90s. Ie can my fiancee live on the compound with me? be in public with me? or are the religous police going to want to see a marrige doc :=
all info welcome

good day from sunny saudi. well as a ground instructor in ksa not a fly boy type but here go,s
your lady friend will not be able to share your villa with you a strict no no
the situation re ladies hasnt changed much over the past 15 years they still have to wear the abya when out of the compound but not full face just to hide the main body, some wear hats .i am up in the mountains about 2.5 hrs from jeddah so its a little relaxed compaired to jedd / riy. / dah.
now depending on what your lady do,s for a living eg nurse etc then yes she can pop over for the odd evening /weekend as mine do,s
please fell free to pm me if you want any other info.
hope this helps.

BEagle
1st Oct 2006, 06:54
"...the situation re ladies hasnt changed much over the past 15 years..."

Shouldn't that read 1500 years?