PDA

View Full Version : Screensaver failure

franzliszt
30th Sep 2006, 11:48
Hi everyone,
Mrs FL has a new Advent laptop and I have been trying to get a screensaver to work on it. Embarrassingly, I used to be in this business (ISP)!, but for some unknown reason, none of the screensavers work, including all the bundled windows .scr in XP, and any which I download from the Internet. Any thoughts which anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks::confused:

Franz

Oracle
1st Oct 2006, 14:46
Hi,

Most problems with screensavers and desktop picture files are caused by windows being unable to locate the screensaver/desktop picture file on a subsequent reboot. Try therefore to copy/paste whatever screensaver pics you want into the WINDOWS folder of the C DRIVE (primary boot drive) of your computer. This is where windows holds its own screensaver pic files. Then select your screensaver file in the normal manner

From WIndows Help Files:

To set or change a screen saver
Open Display in Control Panel.
On the Screen Saver tab, under Screen saver, click a screen saver in the list.
Notes

To open Display, click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Display.
After you select a screen saver, it will automatically start when your computer is idle for the number of minutes specified in Wait.
To clear the screen saver after it has started, move your mouse or press any key.
To view possible setting options for a particular screen saver, click Settings on the Screen Saver tab.
Click Preview to see how the selected screen saver will appear on your monitor. Move your mouse or press any key to end the preview.
Click Related Topics for information about having Windows turn off your monitor when you leave it idle for a period of time.