PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Marching?

althenick
29th Sep 2006, 18:29
With refernce to this....
http://www.800nas.org.uk/images/who%20ate%20all%20the%20pies.jpg
How does that work? The RN (a) Dont march and (b) Dont stamp their feet like a bunch of two year olds taking a tantrum. Then I cant see how mixed service marching can work (with the RN anyway). Wouldn't the timing be all to c*ck?

PompeySailor
29th Sep 2006, 19:05
Althenick,

Don't worry about it, the RAF will teach the RN in JFH about military things like marching, the rank system etc... We might even teach them how to work a full week, how to maintain the Harrier II and how to run a ground attack Sqn (or extremely small wing) too.

But let's face it - we don't need to because the 26 year old CPOs already know everything!

You may have an outside chance of success in most of those targets, but you are NEVER going to persuade the RN to work a full week! And as the 26 year old CPOs will tell you (time and time and time again) - they are paid for their knowledge, not for their age. Allegedly.

Melchett01
29th Sep 2006, 19:54
And as the 26 year old CPOs will tell you (time and time and time again) - they are paid for their knowledge, not for their age.

So, the price of a Big Mac then ..... if that's the case, the MOD should be running a profit at the moment:E

Two's in
29th Sep 2006, 22:35
I'm sure the tall Gentleman at the front with the Tate and Lyle Badge on his right arm will have no doubt in his mind what manner of drill this bunch will be doing. I dont' ever recall an options box for "preferred drill style" before getting on Parade - unless that's changed as well.

WPH
29th Sep 2006, 22:42
The bloke at the front is an RN WO, an extremely experienced man who's marching is the best of the best. It's a shame that his uniforn obviously prevents him raising his arms properly!