PDA

View Full Version : Over and out

El Mirador
29th Sep 2006, 12:07
BBC2 tonight at 1900
Documentary marking the closure of Coltishall.
Just incase Celebrity masterchef,Emmerdale and the news don't interest!

Number2
29th Sep 2006, 14:31
Will it show all the locals that used to complain about the noise now wondering how the local economy will be affected?!

whowhenwhy
29th Sep 2006, 14:41
Yes, one is reminded of the yuppy (can we still say that?) couple who bought a house just off the airfield boundary, under the downwind leg on 22 a few years back. First day in the house they started whining about the noise. They can only have looked around the house on a Saturday-wouldn't have been any flying then!

Initially I thought that this program might be a good tribute to the station, but the more I think about it, the more I wonder whether it will actually just be sad. I think I'd prefer to remember it as it was when I went up for a couple of the leavers parties and saw the cats getting airborne (just).

ZH875
29th Sep 2006, 18:20
If you look carefully, you can see the curvature of the earth during the pairs takeoff.

neilmac
29th Sep 2006, 18:43
Very sad prog, was my 1st posting late 80s. Though listening to Martin Shaw reminds me when I did my PPL at Shipdam he turned up to learn as well......in a flying suit, looked rather silly in a C152!

NM