PDA

View Full Version : Type rating - Embraer 120/145/170/190?

alberto86
10th May 2006, 14:50
hello,

it is just my own curiousity,

does any of you guys know where to find a simulator for an Embraer 145 type rating? Are there any in Europe or elsewhere? What about prices? Thanks in advance

jetdriven
10th May 2006, 15:18
Orlando FL (Flight safety) and Phoenix AZ

wingedwilliam
10th May 2006, 15:34
... and in Europe: FlightSafety at Paris Le Bourget, and Icare (Morlaix) in France.

... and for those who can afford it: about 45 000 euros for a self-sponsored ERJ135/145 type rating (JAA approved) :ooh:

BIGBAD
10th May 2006, 17:39
Alteon in Manchester, England have an EMB 145 simulator :ugh:

alberto86
10th May 2006, 18:32
... and in Europe: FlightSafety at Paris Le Bourget, and Icare (Morlaix) in France.
... and for those who can afford it: about 45 000 euros for a self-sponsored ERJ135/145 type rating (JAA approved) :ooh:

why the h*ll is it so expensive? Does it include any line training...hours package or what?

BIGBAD
10th May 2006, 22:19
If you're gonna spend your own money on a type rating don't bother with an EMB 145..............:uhoh:

wingedwilliam
11th May 2006, 12:35
No, the 45,000 € does not include any line training at all... just the type rating! However, if you are considering buying an ERJ type rating, I suggest you request a quote from the various TRTOs mentioned in this thread. For some reason, TR prices seem to vary a lot...

dekka007
11th May 2006, 13:06
Forget the 145 for Self Type Rating....waste of money really considering the salaries you would achieve on securing a position on a 145 operator.

If you really must self type rate I think a better investment would be 18000 euro for a 73 or 320 rating.

boogie-nicey
12th Jun 2006, 10:16
Hope you're all fine and doing well.

I just had a quick question regarding the Embraer 145 Type Rating here in JAA land. Other than what I've found in another pprune thread are there really only 2 sims available (Manchester and Paris), where would one go to gain such a type rating. Obviously there are a couple of choices over in the US but then I'd no doubt need some time to go with that in order to successfully oconvert it to the JAA equivalent.

Ah, the delightful complexities of aviation :ok:

flugfisch
12th Jun 2006, 10:30
Try Cirrus Flight Training in Germany - they offer Ratings for 135/145.

Cirrus Flight-Training GmbH

Flughafen Zweibrücken
Berliner Allee 11-21
66482 Zweibrücken

Flughafen Saarbrücken
Am Flughafen
66131 Saarbrücken

Tel: +49 (0) 6332 / 993628 Fax: +49 (0) 6332 / 993629

E-mail: [email protected]

www.cirrus-flighttraining.de
Good Luck:ok:

boogie-nicey
12th Jun 2006, 14:34
Ah, Thank you but I didn't see anything on their website relating to the Embraer Type Ratings.

Blighty Pilot
12th Jun 2006, 14:41
Why would you want one??? :E :D

boogie-nicey
12th Jun 2006, 15:57
Well I am thinking more along the lines of the regional operators (Turboprops, Exec and regional jets). If I head for the well worn 737 path then I might find myself in no man's land where I fall short of the 737 carriers and excluded from the smaller operators. The Embraer would give me a shot at the regional end of the spectrum coupled with some time on line of course.

I am contemplating getting to the 1000hr mark with Embraer TYpe Rating and about 400-450 hrs on type too (to be arranged separately). This should hopefully get me noticed for some of the smaller operators. Maybe at least give me a shot at single pilot IFR ops here in JAA land.

Thanks for the helpful comments so far.

Blighty Pilot
12th Jun 2006, 16:03
Just don't understand why you would want to take a bigger risk than you have to - at the end of the day we're not talking about just a couple of quid for a type rating.

Also - the more multi pilot time you have under your belt and less GA time the better. If you get with the regional operators - flybe, bmi regional and alike they will pay for your rating (at the end of the day the rating is of very little use as there are minimal ERJ operators).

If self funding a type rating get a 737 or an A321 rating it will be more valuable in the long run and there are pleanty of opertunities out there at the moment.

All the best,

BP

boogie-nicey
12th Jun 2006, 16:07
Thanks BlightyPilot, I will indeed give your comments some serious thought. After all I am still planning and researching and such comments, opinion and input is very welcome.

Take care and safe flying

Jenson Button
12th Jun 2006, 18:00
bmi regional charge F/Os £12000 for the EMB rating. Have a look at PPJN.

Slightly better perhaps than the Easy 737 or Bus rating scheme under TRSS.

Flybe are thinking of upping the bonding arrangements for the 195 when it comes online.......

flugfisch
12th Jun 2006, 20:51
Hey boogie,

lock under news - they started in 10/2005 with 135/145 Ratings - but maybe call also Cirrus Airline - they operate 2 of them - maybe you can make a deal - if you anyway wants to make the rating - or also Cirrus Aviation - they operate a Legacy - Good luck:ok:

FE Hoppy
22nd Jun 2006, 17:41
Swiss-aviation-training.com for type rating.

boogie-nicey
23rd Jun 2006, 08:37
FE Hoppy: Thanks for the suggestion, I had a look at their website but it only had a generalised and brief account of their services. You;d think that they'd be more information than cosmeti appeal to some websites :)

BTW are any of you posters current or recent Embraer aircrew.

Oh well, back to the grindstone, have a nice day.:ok:

boogie-nicey
28th Jun 2006, 16:35
Thanks HUGS, I was just researching and dipping my toe in the water regards to Embraer but seem to be more inclined to Airbus 320 rating. The Cross Crew Integration also helps too (according to our dear leader Scroggs) so I feel that though it's one of the more expensive type ratings it is best value for money with the a319, a320, a321 equivalents and then the CCQ onto 330 sometime in the future.

BTW I was thinking of using another alias instead of Boogie-Nicey which would have been similar to yours .... HUGGY BEAR :ok:

I wish to research as many possibilities as I can so that I have an informed opinion with regards to my future prosepcts. Combined with some time building and even line training (somewhere) I hope to 'activate' my Type Rating rather than similiar acquire it as an academic qualification.

Take care ..... :)

pupu
29th Jun 2006, 08:33
Jus t a short comment.

World is full of A320 pilots and industry is using these poor pilots paying peanuts for them.

I have flown A320 all round about some 1900 hrs and only having peanuts as the A320 like B737 are low cost horses (wizz,onur,interexpress,nikilauda endless story) and there are coming more and more A320 pilots ready to fly for food thru CAE/vueling and catair and so on....

I have flown Emb 145 before and got an offer from one executive private operator to fly legacy having 10,000 euros, ten days on and ten days off.
Naturally my refreshment training was paid by company, not like in Airbus low cost business where you can have best contract with agencies for 6 months. For sure you pay your PC at least once per year.

FE Hoppy
12th Jul 2006, 22:05
Boogie,
Was there a phone number or email address?
I,m sure it would be impossible to put all the info for every individual case on any web site so why not call up and explain exactly what you need?

Yes I do work for them.

Dufo
16th Sep 2006, 13:10
Has anyone done the Flightsafety Emb120 rating in Paris? What's the schedule like?
Or some general FSI@Paris experience in a few words.. about the instructors and such.

Thanks!

thunderbird-1
24th Sep 2006, 08:36
Hello Dufo,

I havn't done a type rating but the MCC on the EMB120 at FSI. There is a very good atmosphere, nice people, everything is new, good conditions to study, and a free "petit déjeuner" every morning with "croissants, pains aux chocolats" and juice :} .

My instructor was very professional and nice (ex french army pilot). However I don't know if he's able to teach in English :rolleyes: .
You know, it is very hard for us (frenchy) to learn that language :} :}
me the first ;) :hmm:

Have fun with your TR :ok: ciao

hghazoly
29th Sep 2006, 11:06
do you know of good and cheap embraer 170 type rating provider in the usa?

Coastrider26
29th Sep 2006, 12:14
Forget about a E170 rating all sims are overbooked by the operators allready normally Embraer will provide the customer with a number of Typeratings

hpcock
29th Sep 2006, 13:11
Don't waste your time with an EMB TR. If you've got the cash go & get yourself TR on something from Seattle or Toulouse. You will get a good job so much quicker & then the world is your oyster.

IMHO, Once you start flying the Samba sheds - you tend to get pidgeonholled as "One of them" - and you don't want that...do you?

Good luck
HPC

G-LOST
30th Sep 2006, 19:36
hpcock

Whilst I agree with your advice on preferred type ratings, your final comment ensures that you live up to your name - cock.

I fly the 145, and yet have had no problem securing a job on the heaviest Boeing. The countless other guys I used to fly with on the ERJ who now fly heavy metal for some of the world's best airlines also shoot your nonsensical comment up the rectum.

hpcock
1st Oct 2006, 02:52
G-LOST

The country where I work is 99% populated by 737's (NG's),777's, 747's & A319/20/21/30/40's - There is however, one EMB operator - on the verge of going bust - whose pilots are not being so readily taken onto the 737's etc.. due to the '"Lack of commonality & cost incurred in re - training them to that standard." This was mentioned to me at a small meeting of chief pilots from various airlines, inc the CP of the EMB airline, who subsequently used to work for EMB as a test pilot. In his opinion, "Nice machine to fly, good to look at, but comes with a label." I asked him what he meant by that, and he went on to say that from his own, and EMB's research, they seemed to find that most of their pilots were not being offered work with other carriers, using the more common equipment, due to the abovementioned reasons.

A few years ago, I used to share an office with the Chief Examiner for Embraer. It was he who told me the very same words that you chose to shoot down - "You tend to get pidgeonholled as one of them."

Whilst I'm glad that you have moved up the Aviation ladder, & are doing well for yourself, there have been, & still are others in your position who are suffering due to the stigma laid down by the industry - not themselves.

Judging by the previous posts - 45,000 Euros for an E135/145 TR!! Even with today's very favourable exchange rate of 1.49 Euros to the GBP, you're still talking about GBP30,200. Now call me daft if you will, but I do think that sort of money to be finally endorsed with a "regional" in your licence is a wee bit expensive. I think for those prices today. you could probably rate yourself on a 777!!

I do hope this readresses my previous "Nonsensical Coment"

HPC

G-LOST
1st Oct 2006, 08:37
hpcock

A well reasoned explanation. It is a shame you didn't put all that down the first time. Mentioning such a 'label' without explaining it serves only to continue the spread of it...

I fly in the UK. There are two main ERJ operators and they are suffering from crewing problems as they cannot stem the flow of pilots to other airlines with bigger and brighter machinery. The rating hasn't held anyone back, quite the contrary.

However, I agree that to spend your own dosh on an ERJ type rating at the prices mentioned is pure folly. A 737 rating is cheaper and there are more operators to target.

G-LOST

hpcock
1st Oct 2006, 10:47
G - LOST

Glad to have cleared that one up - no harm intended

Good luck & fly safe
HPC

Dufo
22nd Oct 2006, 17:07
This was a very pleasing experience - with help from ground instructor mr. Lelong, FMS instructor mr. M'couropa, sim instructor Strausz and examiner mr. Martin I passed my skill test in the early morning hours on Saturday.
Thank you Flight Safety! ;)

steve_uniacke
21st Aug 2007, 11:40
For E-jet sims in europe i'd suggest you contact Swiss Aviation Training.

(to state the obvious.... keep in mind that since Air France, KLM, Lufthansa/Swiss are all getting new E-Jet fleets, the number of available sims will be increasing fairly soon also.)

There is also GECAT with their London Gatwick based E170 sim.

I think Finnair have a sim too, They borrowed the Cirrus E170 while they were training crews for its E170

Aerochti
25th Jan 2008, 00:51
Does anyone know approx. how much Embraer 170/190 type rating costs in SAT (Swiss Aviation Training) or other type rating provider ?