PDA

View Full Version : Min time between completing a rating & sending forms to CAA

topcat450
29th Sep 2006, 08:30
I did all the requirements for my night rating in 2002 when I initially did my PPL - however money was tight at the time, and I started flying PFA aircraft and so I never sent in the paperwork to get the Night Qualification to my licence - even though I'd done the required hours (inc the solo time and requisit landings).

If I can track down my instructor at the time, can we now fill in the paperwork and send it off - or is there a minimum time between doing the flying and sending it off to the CAA?

I fully expect to do a couple of hours brush-up when it comes to actually wanting to use it in anger, but can I get the paperwork cleared up now?

the dean
29th Sep 2006, 08:46
topcat.

would suggest you contact the CAA before trying to get your instructor..( i am assuming that you gat him to sigh your logbook for each of the night flights )..

there probably is a length of time they will accept taking all into consideration...including how long it has been since you flew conventional aircraft etc ..etc...

i would think they will want you if not to so it all again.. or perhaps to do a few hours and get signed off before they will entertail it..

i assume yours is a national licence not JAA...and so i do'nt know your proficiency requirements...to keep it alive before carrying pax again but in any event that does not arise..

contact the CAA and see what they say...

in my experience they are most helpful...

good luck..:ok:

dean.