PDA

View Full Version : Glossy Magazines-What a waste of money

donardboy
28th Sep 2006, 09:18
During the past week I have seen at least 12 official glossy magazines cross my desk on distribution. I should add they did not include the ones you get from the top shelf in the local newsagents.

Can anyone please advise why we have so many of these magazines which are full of S***E and which no-one reads. More importantly who pays for them and could the money not be better spent elsewhere.

I know a number do include advertisers but there must be some costs to the MOD.

In my experience, what a waste of F*****G money.

Wyler
28th Sep 2006, 09:58
Received one at work about 18 months ago entitled 'How to speak to the Disabled'.
Rediculous PC claptrap that actually defeated the object of the exercise.

The only glossies I like are the ones that allow you to 'Warm the Barrel' before going 'Live'. :E

On_The_Top_Bunk
28th Sep 2006, 09:59
If anyone has a copy kicking about of the "2006 Strike command mission directive" magazine, please turn to page 9 and explain that graph.

Pffft.....

BluntedAtBirth
28th Sep 2006, 11:05
If anyone has a copy kicking about of the "2006 Strike command mission directive" magazine, please turn to page 9 and explain that graph.

Pffft.....

Oh hell, I understand it. Please, someone, shoot me and put me out of this miserable existence...

Wader2
28th Sep 2006, 12:23
Pffft.....

Can't afford the storage space.

1 Reduce, 2 Reuse, 3 Recycle.

Could not stop 1.
Glossy paper is b***** uncomfortable and nothing sticks
which left 3.