PDA

View Full Version : Something's up in downtown Arabia.....

TLP-too
27th Sep 2006, 19:32
...or not as the case may be!
This is the third time I have tried to post this thread and each time it has been unsuccessful. I am now convinced there is some sort of conspiracy, or I am a complete biff with technology- both are highly plausable.
The question is a simple one: does the USAF put Bromide in the food or water served at its' overseas bases to control the sexual urges of the deployed personnel? Many here are adamant that this must be the case because nobody has been feeling themselves recently, if you get my drift. Maybe the've been doing it for years and its all well documented and perfectly legal? Maybe we're just going mad in the heat?
Anyone been experiencing anything similar recently? Anyone heard any similar stories?
Trying to be subtle, without beating around the bush.... Oooh...erm..I mean..
TLP:uhoh:

Pontius Navigator
27th Sep 2006, 19:41
No, it doesn't affect the sex drive, just the hard drive.

Probably accounts for the problem you had :}

Always_broken_in_wilts
27th Sep 2006, 20:31
From what he's saying PN it's getting his "drive hard" that seems to be the problem:E

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

QFIhawkman
27th Sep 2006, 21:12
A serious reply for once.....

During my basic training (IOT) many years ago (1987) I was told of the bromide ruse. "It's in the tea" they told me. (after several weeks).

Having said that, I never got a single boner the whole time. Not even the morning glory. It may have been bromide. It may have been tiredness. I don't know to this day.

I have airmen friends from the early 90's era. They were told that they too were drinking tea filled with bromide in the mess. They too failed to get wood in their whole time there at Swinderby.

Coincedence? I personally think so.

Are the yanks using bromide in AFG? I doubt it. They'd be in so much sh*t these days for administering something without permission. Lawyers R us would have a field day.

It's one of those long pervading myths I'm afraid.

I'm off to polish my stiff johnson with a cup of tea on the go.

Always_broken_in_wilts
27th Sep 2006, 21:16
Based at Valley no wonder you are having to polish your own rocket:E

QFIhawkman
27th Sep 2006, 21:32

all spelling mistakes are "piss poor" alcohol induced

Obviously. I'm a scaley though.

But Wooton Bassett has obviously become a haven of interesting Wiltshire lovelies since I last visited? I'm sure you cop off every damn night!
Wow, I wish I were you.

polecat2
27th Sep 2006, 21:44
"The question is a simple one: does the USAF put Bromide in the food or water served at its' overseas bases to control the sexual urges of the deployed personnel?"

Don't know about the USAF but maybe the RAF does. We suspected this when I was at at Wendover Tech. in the early 1960s. It may be true as I think it's finally starting to kick in.:(

Always_broken_in_wilts
27th Sep 2006, 22:29
QFIdude,

Married for 27 years, live in delightful Chippers, a son aged 19 and daughter 18 so I am hardly likely to be partaking of the fleshpots in Wooty B:rolleyes:

My quip was not aimed at you per se but, having endured a couple of years of that special Valley local hospitality it was directed at the Viet Taff tw@ts that occupy the otherwise beautiful island where you reside:ok:

ricardian
27th Sep 2006, 23:27

During my basic training (IOT) many years ago (1987) I was told of the bromide ruse. "It's in the tea" they told me. (after several weeks).

Having said that, I never got a single boner the whole time. Not even the morning glory. It may have been bromide. It may have been tiredness. I don't know to this day.

I have airmen friends from the early 90's era. They were told that they too were drinking tea filled with bromide in the mess. They too failed to get wood in their whole time there at Swinderby.

Are the yanks using bromide in AFG? I doubt it. They'd be in so much sh*t these days for administering something without permission. Lawyers R us would have a field day.

I was on a instructors training course (alright, it was back in 1969) with an RAF cook. He was adamant that bromide was not added to the tea. His words were "if bromide is RAF issue, tell me what is its section & reference number (NATO stock number for the more recent arrivals)"

Runaway Gun
28th Sep 2006, 12:13
I bet that same Cook added his own special sauce to the occassional meal.
No NATO stock number for THAT !! :eek:

buoy15
28th Sep 2006, 14:31
"Extra Special Sauce" is usually only available in the Nimrod galley on selected flights - allegedly! :hmm: :)
There is no section and ref (NATO stock No) as it is (man)ufactured and produced locally

PerArdua
28th Sep 2006, 14:40
I bet that same Cook added his own special sauce to the occassional meal.
No NATO stock number for THAT !! :eek:
Not only the cooks, they used to get the jankers wallers and it was known that the permanent staff stews were far game (I was going to add "if you had the balls" but it seems wholly un necessary):mad:
PA

matkat
28th Sep 2006, 16:45

Well all I can say is that when I was a Swinderby (July-Aug 1976) if They did put anything in My tea it did not have the desired effect 10 days on Jankers for staying out all night with a Lincoln lovely can attest to that:ok:

mayorofgander
28th Sep 2006, 17:06
My ex-wife is better than bromide!!!

MOG

bounce'em all
28th Sep 2006, 21:06
"Don't know about the USAF but maybe the RAF does. We suspected this when I was at at Wendover Tech. in the early 1960s. It may be true as I think it's finally starting to kick in.:("

Best one I've read in a while. Had me in stitches.:}

Sunfish
29th Sep 2006, 06:34
I have to tell you that this allegation goes back to at least 1964 in the Australian Army. No its not true- its just rotten tasting cheap tea.

brakedwell
29th Sep 2006, 06:52

I remember holding at Valley in 1957 with fond memories. She came from Holyhead. :cool: :cool: :cool: