PDA

View Full Version : SJAR - Its the future!

Could be the last?
27th Sep 2006, 19:05
1. I have just been informed that the NCA will be moving onto the SJAR reporting system, in line with gnd trades, wef Mar 07. Why?

2. More importantly, PMA despatched a Wg Cdr to give guidance on the new reporting system. This was probably one of the worst PPT presentations I have ever seen. His opening gambit consisted of telling the gathered masses, quite proudly, that he was on his 3rd extention of service and that it was the best way he could get to play golf! How to win friends and influence people.

3. If PMA want to get the message across then send someone who knows the audience. Also, have the forethought to incorporate the new form onto the PPT. This man lost all credibility within 30 seconds of opening his mouth.

:ugh:

Pontius Navigator
27th Sep 2006, 19:34
Coded name anyone?

RileyDove
27th Sep 2006, 20:21
Sounds like 'tucking fwat' to me!

k1rb5
28th Sep 2006, 01:03
It sounds like it was a poor brief but could you tell if there were any major advantages/disadantages to this change? Does it bring all NCA into one group now that all our pay is going to be the same and we are able to move between branches?
Out of the country for a while so would appreciate any gen on this. Thanks:ok:
K1rb5

Mead Pusher
28th Sep 2006, 08:17
The few bits I saw of SJAR during the JPA roll out (yes, SJARs will be part of JPA) looked a lot simpler than the current F6000s. There was just 2 small boxes for the 1st RO and one for the 2nd RO, and a grade (A+ downwards, like the OJAR) to be awarded for a number of attributes (including personal stamina - a grade for fitness!) and that was it. No space for comments on the grades, just the 2 boxes - one for performance and one for potential.

As this was way back in February I wouldn't be surprised if it changed before being used (then again, I wouldn't be surprised if they've done nothing with it since then).

Could be the last?
28th Sep 2006, 19:17
K1,

Hard to tell if there will be any significant advantages; however, having managed to track the form down it would appear to be considerably better than the 6000. What is of more concern is the process in which it is raised, i.e. the 1st RO gets it before the subject. He then writes his statements based on the subjects JPA choices of postings.

If this is designed to be more efficient, then as a 1st RO, I will still require a breakdown of the individual’s activities throughout the year - so he will use a non-standard format to illustrate his activities. ( I know some don't agree with this). Odd.

I am not sure about 'boarding' of all NCA trades together. Unsure if this will ever happen and if it did would you realistically get people moving around different fleets? Different thread.....

Things to consider

Q? Why introduce a new reporting format based around a flawed admin system (JPA)?

Q? If the Army and RN reject JPA, how can the new reporting system be tri-service?

Q? What was the reasoning behind NCA moving away from the previous system?