PDA

View Full Version : No "Microsoft" (specific) windows opening.

Keygrip
26th Sep 2006, 23:45
Bluddy strange.

I swapped my two CRT's for LCD's a couple of weeks back - now notice a new twist (co-incident with the change).

Any window for a either Microsft ActiveSync or MSN chat does not open. I get the "title" of the window in the task bar and can click it - but no window opens. If I right click the title button, then I get the usual options to minimise, close, move etc - but cannot get a window open.

Microsft programs are OK -just used Streets and Trips, Word, Explorer, Outlook etc - but not MSN or ActiveSync.

I did try an MSN chat and, if I type the message, the other party sees it at their end, but I don't see anything at all at my end - not the text nor the window.

Whilst it's actually quite pleasant having the peace and quiet (and I use Trillian or Skype for chats anyway)..........Any thoughts?

Keef
26th Sep 2006, 23:48
My guess would be the wrong video drivers for your new monitors.

Keygrip
27th Sep 2006, 02:12
They came on the CDRoms in the box.

Must say, however, that some of the colours are very funky.

Saab Dastard
27th Sep 2006, 19:10
Never having run 2 monitors off one PC so I'm just thinking aloud, but I'd be tempted to revert to a single LCD panel and restore defaults, then see what happens to the applications.

It sounds as if you are running a split display and the apps are not being displayed on either panel, so reverting to one may force them out of hiding!

SD