PDA

View Full Version : Heathrow Early Morning Transfer

Wyler
26th Sep 2006, 16:23
I am off to the Middle East in Oct and am catching the Red Eye from Newc. I currently have 2 hours 30 mins to transfer from Terminal 1 to Terminal 4. Bags will be checked through and I am with BA all the way.
Based on the current security situation, do I have enough time to clear security and make the connecting flight or is it worth trying to fly down the night before.

Anyone with any latest info on hold up times etc.

Many thanks.

Globaliser
26th Sep 2006, 16:52
I currently have 2 hours 30 mins to transfer from Terminal 1 to Terminal 4. Bags will be checked through and I am with BA all the way.You should be fine, so long as your NCL-LHR flight doesn't suffer a major delay.

apaddyinuk
27th Sep 2006, 23:49
2:30hrs is more than enough time even with the security situation. Just dont run the risk of getting yourself "landed" by ensuring that you cabin bag is the right size for the cabin (they may not be as fussy at NCL but I assure you that they will be at the Flight Connections Center in T1/2). Also just check that cabin bag one last time before you leave your house to ensure you havent left that mini toothpaste or whatever!!!! Whatever cabin your in on the longer flight you will have a tootbrush and paste!!!

Enjoy!!!

computer jockey
28th Sep 2006, 10:12
Two and a half hours is plenty. Your flight from NCL may be delayed arriving in LHR as there is a lot of trans-Atlantic traffic coming in early in the morning and there is a good chance your flight will be stacked for fifteen minutes.
You won't need to pass through security again at LHR - hopefully you will arrive at T1 gate 5 or thereabouts, then up the stairs and the long walk along the bridge over the international departures. You will pass through a boarding card check (make sure you get the boarding card for your connecting flight when you check in at NCL, otherwise you may have a delay to check in at the Connections Centre), then it's down the escalator to the buses to T4 (make sure you get on the right one, there is also a door for buses to T3), which is really the only delay you will face. Usually at that time in the morning, the buses are frequent, but it is a long drag around the airport and under the runway. Finally you get to T4, up two flights of escalators, turn left and you are in the chaos of the T4 departures hall.
On a good day, I've done this in 40 mins. So with luck, you will be able to buy the duty frees and sink a couple in Wetherspoon's to gird your loins for the long haul ahead...
Keep an eye out for which gate your flight is departing from. Some of the gates in T4 are a very long walk away.

Hope it works out.

Wyler
29th Sep 2006, 08:50
Thankyou all. :ok: :D

Wyler
21st Oct 2006, 12:19
Quick update. Flight from Newc bang on time. Electronic check in is brilliant. 25 minutes to cross to T4. Security 'grown up' with no long lines. Flight to Muscat excellent. Great service from BA, nice aircraft, quick turnaround in Abu Dabi, good food, entertainment etc. I say this because I have been critical of BA and avoided them in the past for International Flights. My mind has been changed. Hopefully, it will be as smooth on the return. Anyway, back to the pool...........

BIG UP BA!!!!!!!!!!!!!