PDA

View Full Version : Laptop inflight power question

Tolsti
26th Sep 2006, 15:10
I'm off to BKK in 2 weeks and hoping to use the Connexion By Boeing internet on Etihads 777. I have an IBM R51 laptop but need to know what sort of power connection I need to take with me... not my standard UK 3 pin flat I'm sure!!... any suggestions please?

VnV2178B
26th Sep 2006, 15:47
Just check before you fly

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5261562.stm

Hmmmmm...

VnV

Tolsti
26th Sep 2006, 16:06
Thanks VN... I was aware of that and I am infd it is still working.

Tolsti
28th Sep 2006, 16:21
Any chance a Mod can move this to SLF as I'm not having much luck here??

Thanks

SXB
28th Sep 2006, 21:50
Tolsti
I've only used the wireless internet service offered by Lufthansa and power is offered via the continental two pin system. laptops have their own transformer so all you'll need is a plug adapter, best to get your own as the ones the CC have soon get taken. Important piece of info though, on Lufthansa only business class passengers have access to a power point, if you're in economy you'll have to bring extra batteries. On LH the bandwidth speed is not that great, around 80-120bps, ok for surfing but not for any heavy duty stuff.

Good luck.

Jinkster
28th Sep 2006, 22:03
Ask the airline. I know some computer shops sell a pack of adapters etc for laptops - costing around £50 but if you ask I'm sure they'll help you.

Tolsti
29th Sep 2006, 15:06
Thanks to SXB and to Jinkster.....

I have ordered a Trust 250NCP NOTEBOOK POWER ADAPTER Power adapter - car / airplane for about £25.00 online which I am infd should cope. Ina ny case it has a car lighter fitting which will serve well upon my return.

I am going Pearl class with Etihad in their new flat seats so should be ok.

I've emailed Eitihad but as its Friday over there I'm not expecting a reply till Sunday. If all fails then I'll be able to do a recharge during the stop over in AUH.

Tolsti
6th Oct 2006, 22:03
Just in case anyone else is interested the power supply on Etihads 777 - 300s is European 2 pin so just needed an adaptor.

Connexion works well (on it now actually) but is ending at the end of the year. Boeing are therefore supplying it free as of 2nd October until such time as they withdraw it from the airline you are flying with.