PDA

View Full Version : J, K......or M?

BEagle
26th Sep 2006, 09:41
J, K.....or M?

Any Herc pilots due to leave soon who might be interested in working on the A400M programme in Toulouse and Seville, please PM me.

FirstFiveEighth
26th Sep 2006, 10:09
.......er, I might, if Airbus Industrie could sort out its own under-the-carpet commercial and legal problems. :eek:

Echo 5
26th Sep 2006, 11:19
.......er, I might, if Airbus Industrie could sort out its own under-the-carpet commercial and legal problems. :eek:
So....WTF has that got to do with flying the A400M.
Seems that every time BEagle gives a heads up for possible job opportunities some cynical git posts a smart response:ugh:

umba
26th Sep 2006, 11:51
A job that would enable you enough time to make 4.07 PPRuNe post per day?

South Bound
26th Sep 2006, 12:43
I really do not know Beags or what he is doing now, but I get the impression he is still kinda involved with military aviation somehow, so what better way of keeping an ear to the ground than through pprune?

With a bit of an A400M background, I can wholeheartedly recommend some time in Toulouse, and if one ignores all the ongoing commerical stuff, I can't imagine a more rewarding job than getting a new aircraft into the air. If only they wanted Blunties....

Never went to Seville, which was a shame.

flipster
26th Sep 2006, 16:12
I suspect that you might find one or 2 people who would prefer Toulouse to Kabul, Basra etc - or even, I dare say, Wootton Bassett!!!!

What type of people are you looking for Test Pilots, Spec/Tac Ops, QFIs or EWOs - captains only, pilots only or Navs/Engs as well? Perhaps, if you are little more specific - you might get a better/wider response. Or is that too much like advertising for the PPrune hierarchy?

truckiebloke
26th Sep 2006, 17:41
Flip

Will be sure to tell the 'k' guys what Kabul and Basra is like so that they can compare......

Always_broken_in_wilts
26th Sep 2006, 19:13
"Navs/Engs as well?"............for the A400M, am I missing something here:ugh:

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

BEagle
26th Sep 2006, 19:34
Sorry, no - this requirement is for a pilot.

scitzo legman
26th Sep 2006, 19:35
He might be after good LM's too. There's bound to be one on this thread sooner or later.:D

Seriously though, I thought he said pilots at the top of the thread.:rolleyes:

BEagle
26th Sep 2006, 19:38
Correct - there were...... A couple of ex-RAF ALMs (and an ex-C130 pilot) are already on the A400M programme.

Echo 5
26th Sep 2006, 19:50
"Navs/Engs as well?"............for the A400M, am I missing something here:ugh:
all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

You didn't miss anything Wilts. Even to an ex Muppet like myself BEags original statement " Any Herc pilots due to leave soon who might be interested in working on the A400M programme " is quite clear. So all this nonsense:

" What type of people are you looking for Test Pilots, Spec/Tac Ops, QFIs or EWOs - captains only, pilots only or Navs/Engs as well? " is beyond belief.

Always_broken_in_wilts
26th Sep 2006, 19:52
I am astounded Beag's, no places for Navs or Eng's :eek:

Why are we building these modern and very technical aircraft, spending millions upon millions yet KEEP leaving out the seats for these highly skilled chaps, I hope someone has looked long and hard at the implications of high workloads in the modern battle arena with only 3 crew members:rolleyes:

all spelling mistakes are "df" alochol induced

boyassassin
26th Sep 2006, 20:27
I agree with Always on courses in wiltshire, do we really think that the planned 3 man crew can cope with the planned roles of the aircraft? Apologies for going off the original thread.

Boy

c130 alm
28th Sep 2006, 23:17
Well if a 3 man crew isnt up to the job of Tac and Low level.... hows about another Crewman (Loadmaster) it works on chinooks...

Just a thought......

propulike
29th Sep 2006, 08:53
Well as the K has a crew of 5, and the -400 is more modern, a crew of a least 6 should signpost a marked advance in technology.

That's twice what those J losers have as a crew as well - that'll show 'em.

BEagle
29th Sep 2006, 09:04
The A400M cockpit is designed for all types of operations to be performed by a crew of 2. For complex tactical missions, full provision is made for an optional third crewmember, located behind the central pedestal. There is also provision for a MCDU at this optional crew station.

Quite who would occupy this seat would clearly be up to the customer air force.

Although some may prefer a wipe-clean seat if the 3rd occupant is drawn from certain trades?

South Bound
29th Sep 2006, 09:08
Normally the seat would be occupied by the blondest and most gullable passenger...

BEagle
29th Sep 2006, 09:15
No, there are a couple of bunks for that purpose.....:E

Shame that the old VC10 fin tank fuel gauge cleavage view won't be available..... The Air Engineers' secret for many years!

flipster
29th Sep 2006, 17:55
Umm, yes sorry - I didn't quite see the word 'pilot' on first reading....doh!

However, although some Navs/Engs ALMs have a destinctive 'perfume', they are also human beings (mostly) and so have their uses and own skills!!! (now there's an oppoprtunity for the facile to get some knives in!!).

Anyway, now that I have seen the job description, I can safely say this post would certainly be better-suited to an instructor pilot with relevant recent operational and training experience (perhaps an ex K/J TTF FI/RI or STANEVAL?). Optional extras would include SF, EWO, QFI, AARI, IRE, flt cdr or even someone who had done the Fg Trg Mgrs Cse and Halton). An ability to read across from both fleets at LYE (and also the C17) with an OPEN MIND would be a significant advantage!!!!!!

Nonethless, I can think of a few Navs, Engs and ALMs who could easily apply for the job without fear of ridicule - in fact some may be better qualified than a high proportion of pilots on either side of the station.....so there!!

Flip

k1rb5
29th Sep 2006, 19:16
An ability to read....
Your words flip:ok:

Hope you're keeping well

K1rb5

flipster
30th Sep 2006, 09:46
Kirbs

Yes thanx - this easy life suits me just fine! So that, along with the inability to read, completely rules me out of the job!!!

Flip

BEagle
1st Oct 2006, 08:36
Huh?

Nope - the position has yet to be filled. Anyone interested can still send me a PM for further information.

mbga9pgf
1st Oct 2006, 10:50
Huh?
Nope - the position has yet to be filled. Anyone interested can still send me a PM for further information.

Any space for J copilots with 12 years left to serve? I am getting really really sick of going to the desert :sad: