PDA

View Full Version : Airbus Line Training

cortilla
25th Sep 2006, 21:45
Hi all,

I've used the search function and searched google and so forth, and i may have missed it but i don't think so. I was wondering does enyone sell you line training similar to the astreus 737 scheme on the airbus A320 family. I've had a look at everyone i can think off and searched the internet, but no luck. I'm assuming noone does but it's best to check (that is excluding the CTC scheme of course).

DC-8
25th Sep 2006, 21:49
Hello!

Try these:
http://www.jetlink.lu/
http://www.eaglejet.net/

cortilla
26th Sep 2006, 14:13
I'd heard of the eaglejet one, but not jetlink. Any others (ie slightly cheaper, similar pricing to 737 options which obviously means less hours on type)

Craggenmore
29th Sep 2006, 21:11
Partner airlines give you line training, not CTC. You pass CTC selection in order to get a job with one of their partner airlines. Thus CTC is a selection centre and then training centre so to speak.

Next year will see high recruitment levels. As hixton says, dont pay for line training.

blueb0y79
3rd Oct 2006, 00:45
dont do it !!! Nobody should have to pay for this .

BB

FO JimmieJames
3rd Oct 2006, 17:57
Anyone would be absolutely and utterly completely deranged and pathetic to even consider paying JETLINK 66000 Euros for a type rating and then work 500 hours without pay. Who the hell do they think they are??????? To take 66000 Euros from me for a career and then say I must WORK FOR NOTHING??? WHAT A JOKE - ARE THESE GUYS SERIOUS!!!! THEY ARE HAVING A LAUGH - DO NOT TOUCH THEM WITH A BARGE POLE!!! THEY ARE EVIL CROOKS! For heaven sake please, If you are going to do a type rating just make sure you have a job lined up on that type. Pay as little as possible for it, and sit tight, keep your chin up, but do not support these advantage takers who think they can charge you what ever and then make you work for nothing. There is a serious pilot shortage coming up - sit tight and play it cool - do not give your money away to evil crooks like JETLINK!!!