PDA

View Full Version : PPL Problem....!

Seagull61
25th Sep 2006, 01:03
Ok,
Heres the situation. Am currently in America going through the PPL course. Looking to sit the GST in the next week or so. I did 6 exams in the UK before I came, only the original PPL application has never arrived here and looks lost or sent to the wrong school.

Have contacted the previous school, who advise JAA examiner on holiday, so no chance of getting another Fedex-ed to me in time.

Have yet to speak to current school.

Options as far as I can see:

1) Sit all 6 exams here again - really don`t want to, plus I`ve paid for them already and PASSED!
2) Do you know if I can sit the GST (I have a fax copy of the exam results) then get the PPL signed when I return home by the original school?

A real dilemma

Hour Builder
26th Sep 2006, 18:30
the CAA wont have a copy of the results, it is down to the school.

the copy of the results you have, is that just that one page of the applicaiton, or is it the whole application. can you prove that they are your exams results, or not?

gcolyer
26th Sep 2006, 18:32
I believe they are only sent to the CAA with your PPL application. Your marked answer sheet should be on file at your local club though. i fyou have them faxed to your school in Florida then that shoul dbe enough for them to allow you to finish your training and skills test. i twould then be a case of taking the part filled in PPL app from the school ib Florida and letting the examiner at the school in the UK complete the exam marks.

Hour Builder
26th Sep 2006, 18:37
I believe they are only sent to the CAA with your PPL application. Your marked answer sheet should be on file at your local club though. i fyou have them faxed to your school in Florida then that shoul dbe enough for them to allow you to finish your training and skills test. i twould then be a case of taking the part filled in PPL app from the school ib Florida and letting the examiner at the school in the UK complete the exam marks.

unfortunately, only the actual ground examiner who invigilated the exam can sign the application. so the above is true, if the USA school are happy you have actually passed them, take your application to the UK school once LST is done, and get them to sign off your exams. :ok: