PDA

View Full Version : Senior/Purser/CSM/ISM/ISD advice needed please!

GorgeousKiwiGal
24th Sep 2006, 11:23
Good morning to all your wonderful PPRuners out there. Hope you have all had a great weekend thus far.

It has come to that exciting stage in my flying career where I have been put forward and accepted for a Senior/Purser/CSM/ISM/ISD interview (next week). It is fantastic news and I am very excited. It is something I definitely feel ready for and something I want more than anything.

I have been studying hard for the interview and asking lots of questions of the senior CC at my airline, however I would still love any advice from any other seniors out there - whichever airline you work for. Or even anyone that has gone for a Senior/Purser/CSM/ISM/ISD interview. I'd love to know the type of questions asked and any advice you may have to help me through.

Thank you in advance for any help that you can give me. It is truly and sincerely appreciated.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Warm regards,

GKG

sebby
25th Sep 2006, 08:07
Just go in and be natural, i do know that sick days count for a lot so hope you havent had too many.

All the best sweet! Good Luck :D

GorgeousKiwiGal
27th Sep 2006, 11:58
I have had a few - but fortunately all genuine. Infact I am sick again at the moment with the flu, right before my interview - charming - lol.

Any other advice people? Come on there must be some experienced senior cabin crew with some tips??

:o)

BecauseCIDSsays_so!
27th Sep 2006, 22:33
Hiya!

I was an SCCM/In Charge with a low cost carrier in the UK and when I had my interview they went through a typical (4 sector) day and thre in problems to deal with such as crew member didn't arrive for brifeing on time, when they arrived at a/c they had dirty uniform and mudy shoes- how did I deal with it. Passenger complains about a crew member- how did I deal with it. Then 2 crew members started arguing about the pax who complained and who's fault it was. They said the Captain was pushing us to go into discretion before we left base, how did I deal with this, how did I motivate the crew throuhout the day and feedback to them at the end etc.

And then the usuals about excelletn customer service you have provided, how you have worked well in a team, a time the team broke down and how you resolved it.

I am about to start with a new airline as an Inflight Service Coordinator/Purser (not in charge as it's long haul so there is an IFM aswell) but I got asked about teamwork again and how I would manage a demanding service with all pax wanting diff things at diff times, how I would motivate the crew.

Hope that is a little help/insight, PM me if I can help any further!

Good luck and get well soon!

Tom x

PS Excuse typing, very tired!!!

yellowdog
29th Sep 2006, 16:19
Kiwigal,

I just had an interview for CM at the world's favourite.

They asked questions in the typical BA style of

"Give me an example of......."
"What did you learn from that....."
"Would you have done anything differently....."
"What are you doing to develop yourself in that area...."

The areas they ask about are

Motivation - Why you want the job?
Teamwork - How you work as a member of a team.
Leadership - How you would lead your team.
Business - How much you know about your business and your role in it.
Customer Focus - How you treat your passengers.
Communication - Your ability to communicate with everybody and your ability to influence and inspire others.
Managing Performance - Your ability to give and recieve feedback objectively.

Thats how we do it.

My advice would be to think of loads of example of when you've done those kind of things in your career and think about them in more detail.

Whatever happens really good luck and knock 'em dead.;)

GorgeousKiwiGal
1st Oct 2006, 06:42
Aww thanks Yellow and BecauseCIDS. Your advice was very helpful indeed.

I did a lot of research, prepared my answers before I went in, interviewed my fave seniors and I have just received word that I was successful!!!

I still can't believe it! I am shocked! But, enormously honoured and thankful at the same time.

WHOO HOO!

SuperBoy
1st Oct 2006, 07:47
Congratz!!!!!

:ok::ok::ok:

yellowdog
1st Oct 2006, 09:25
Excellent:ok: :ok: :ok:

BecauseCIDSsays_so!
1st Oct 2006, 16:30
Well Done!!! It's a really nice position to have, you'll love it! Congratulations!:)