PDA

View Full Version : Mini 500 anyone ?

heli1
24th Sep 2006, 00:39
Does Anyone Know Of A Mini 500 Gathering Dust Anywhere In The Uk? I Know There Were A Few Kits Imported Before The Company Folded .

blave
24th Sep 2006, 03:27
I am assuming you plan on using your new Mini 500 as a garden ornament or something similar. I actually saw one used in such a manner on the Big Island (just south of Hilo), and it really works well in that application. A bright yellow Mini really makes the front yard something to talk about... I personally would put a nice basket of colourful annuals in a basket on top of the rotor head, but that's just me.

A Mini might also work in a kid's park as a static "ride", at least for a couple weeks.

good luck with your endeavour!

Dave Blevins

Revolutionary
24th Sep 2006, 03:30
To my knowledge every Mini 500 on the planet is gathering dust somewhere.

Ag Boy
24th Sep 2006, 06:58
have seen one of these in action here in NZ....

They are little!! It was a guy sling loading a (small) deer out of the bush..

hes going to put a turbine kit in it, and ditch the rotax..

Giovanni Cento Nove
24th Sep 2006, 12:49
Whats brought on the death wish? Want to go out with a bit of style?

Trying Hard
24th Sep 2006, 14:47
There have been 8 Mini 500s registered in the UK. Of these 7 have since been de-registered by the CAA and one is awaiting certification ... most of them were up north and might still be??!!

MPR
26th Sep 2006, 22:00
Try Lee-on-Solent. I think you might find one sat in the TAS hangar. Although avoid the next 5 Mondays as they are closing the airfield to dispose of some WWII ordnance!

Darren999
3rd Oct 2006, 04:15
There are 2 gathering dust in a hangar in PA USA. Run them occasionaly, never seen it hovered more than 2 feet from the grd. Sound like a snow mobile when they start! Haven't got big enough conjunes to get in it yet!! :ooh:

Gerhardt
3rd Oct 2006, 11:19
Keep in mind that the main rotor inertia is so low that they can not autorotate.

bugdevheli
3rd Oct 2006, 17:28
I know where ther is one in the UK PM me for contact number

Darren999
10th Oct 2006, 01:28
I must admit it does have a low inertia, However I fail to see that It would not Autorotate. Surely they would not see these helicopters, if this was a problem, just a thought.....:eek: