PDA

View Full Version : JAA renewal in spain

QRfly321
23rd Sep 2006, 13:57
hi
i am currently in spain and i need to nenew my JAA (UK issued) class one medical, i saw on www.caa.co.uk (http://www.caa.co.uk) that it could be done in Gibraltar....can i do it in spain? if yes where ?

thanks

despegue
24th Sep 2006, 00:04
You can do it in any approved Aeromedical centre in Spain. Mislata in Valencia is quite good.

You can do your renewal in any JAA country.

I did mine already in Spain, Belgium, The Netherlands, and recently in the UK.
Your Medical certificate and Licence DO NOT have to be issued by the same country, although a lot of people still believe this myth...

Despegue.

Scoobster
24th Sep 2006, 11:13
Your Medical certificate and Licence DO NOT have to be issued by the same country, although a lot of people still believe this myth...
Despegue.

Hi Despegue,

Are you sure about that? I am assuming that the above rule is different to the rule that says 'Your Medical Certificate and License must be issued under one authority'.. Probably got my wires crossed..

Thanks

CPLtitov
24th Sep 2006, 13:13
since you had many renewals , can you tell me what is involved during the eye exam at renewal ?

despegue
24th Sep 2006, 13:58
Scoobster,

Obviously I am sure about that, otherwise I would be illegal to fly and so would my airline be as would my countries where I did my renewals!

My Licence is Belgian but I have held Dutch, Spanish an UK Class 1 certificates.

Only during your initial training do they want you to have a certificate from the country of licence issue, but this is ONLY until you finish your training. The reason for this is obvious, too many papers involved when processing your first pilots licence. The Netherlands, headed by a dreaded female doctor were the guilty party for implementing this rule. This is the rule you are referring to. Once you have your (f)ATPL/CPL, you are free to choose your JAA country to renew.

Scoobster
24th Sep 2006, 17:26
Ok thanks for that, yea I got my wires crossed I thought you were referring to initial :\

alberto86
24th Sep 2006, 18:30
Scoobster,
Obviously I am sure about that, otherwise I would be illegal to fly and so would my airline be as would my countries where I did my renewals!
My Licence is Belgian but I have held Dutch, Spanish an UK Class 1 certificates.
Only during your initial training do they want you to have a certificate from the country of licence issue, but this is ONLY until you finish your training. The reason for this is obvious, too many papers involved when processing your first pilots licence. The Netherlands, headed by a dreaded female doctor were the guilty party for implementing this rule. This is the rule you are referring to. Once you have your (f)ATPL/CPL, you are free to choose your JAA country to renew.

So, won't a UK issued medical remain a UK one in case it gets renewed in an other JAA state? will it change nationality?

despegue
25th Sep 2006, 00:21
Well, the certificate is the one where you did the examination, but maybe they send the papers to the country of your licence, that i do not know for sure.

LEVC
25th Sep 2006, 08:37
they don't send them, i did mine in _UK and in Spain, and none of them has never send anything.

'I' in the sky
28th Sep 2006, 11:46
You can also do the renewal in Seville however they don't issue you with your new certificate straight away, it takes two weeks. Don't know if all the other Spanish clinics are the same.

If you do it in Gibraltar you are isssued with the new certificate straight away.

psps
17th Oct 2006, 15:48
Hi! Does anybody know where in Gibraltar I can get JAA class one?? Which health center??
Thanks!

small_dog
18th Oct 2006, 15:44
I've had a Class 1 renewal done here
College Clinic
PO Box 517
Regal House
Queensway
Gibraltar
t +350 77777
www.collegeclinic.gi

CPLtitov
18th Oct 2006, 21:09
how was your renewal like ? what did it include ?
how is the vision tested ?
thanks

Jimmy The Big Greek
18th Oct 2006, 22:47
I did my initial in Madrid (CIMA) and all I can say is that they are very freindly and not there to fail you. They want to pass you.

They eye exam is pretty normal. They do a topography, so if you have done eye surgery be sure to tell them.

Gulfstreamaviator
1st Nov 2006, 07:17
The service at the Gibraltar clinic is very good, the doctor was asked by the ATC service to obtain CAA AME qualifications to enable these guys to remain medically qualified.

She also did my MCA sailor medical at the same time.

However for those of us who need FAA, she does not do these.

No one wants to pay for her to have a 2 week vacation in FAA land.

glf in gib

cool_pilot
7th Nov 2006, 12:11
hi
i am currently in spain and i need to nenew my JAA (UK issued) class one medical, i saw on www.caa.co.uk (http://www.caa.co.uk) that it could be done in Gibraltar....can i do it in spain? if yes where ?

thanks

Hi all,
Does anyone know any approved medical centre in spain close to malaga or near by that oneself could renew my uk issued class 1 medical,guys i need your help or perhaps anyone could provide with a website that contains a list of these places.

Many thanks in advance..........