PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the customised colour scheme?

Heliport
23rd Sep 2006, 08:29
The first AW139 to South Africa has been delivered to a South African businessman after a 6388 nm flight from Milan to Cape Town.

The eight day ferry included stops in Crete, Egypt, Sudan, Eritrea, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Rotorheads/AW139_CapeTown.jpg

The customised colour scheme was designed for the customer by a South African artist and applied to the aircraft by an airbrush artist, also from South Africa, at AgustaWestland's Vergiate factory.

spinwing
23rd Sep 2006, 08:35
Very Good ................ hope he's got plenty of spare parts and a good "queer trades" engineer on hand !!!.....

:E :eek:

Stiffler's Mum
24th Sep 2006, 10:18
Don't forget the spare exhausts, how long are they lasting now, 12hrs? Oh and some spare screens, they're lasting a little longer before they crack! Some hyd px relief valves, before they leak, some batteries as those ones will just about power your wife's rabbit for 2 mins........
You could of course have taken all this with you, but oh no, after you've put your fag papers in that cavernous boot you'll have bust the weight limit! That's if you haven't already exceeded your rather dubious payload.
Now I'm sure it's going to be a great machine and I may be being a little naive here, but wouldn't you expect this sort of stuff to be sorted before AW started flogging 'em?!

told
24th Sep 2006, 16:46
http://www.dgualdo.it/zseos.htm

I have some images about ZS-EOS departure from Milan Malpensa ...
it looks great !!!
Regards from Italy
Damiano
:ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

Graviman
24th Sep 2006, 19:19
That is a seriously good looking helo!

Where are these being made? Or put another way: which components are sourced from Yeovil?

Mart

outofwhack
25th Sep 2006, 08:29
I think its one of the worst paint schemes I have ever seen.
What a waste of what is probably a good looking helicopter (underneath).
Yuck! I'd rather fly a Robbie

OOW

AlanM
25th Sep 2006, 08:39
I'm with outofwhack

Look's like it was parked next to Neasden Train Depot and some hoodies had a pop at it.

Nice machine. Terrible paint scheme.

M. Vietze
25th Sep 2006, 09:24
The helicopter bought by David Mostert is not the one in the picture. It actually is a AW 109 Grand registration ZS HMD.
As far as I know the one pictured was bought by a mining company in SA.
Regards

Cyclic

Heliport
25th Sep 2006, 09:46
Thanks for the correction. :ok:

I've edited the post.

Heliport

212man
25th Sep 2006, 10:41
Yes, I think you'll find it belongs to Harry Oppenheimer, of DeBeers. Onbviously wanted some more space and grunt than his 155 gave:(

Flying Lawyer
25th Sep 2006, 18:43
Anyone over 40-something will remember customised paintwork the first time round.

Looks like it's moved up market from the original .........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/FlyingLawyer/193sg-vw-hippy-bus.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/FlyingLawyer/vw-hippie-bus.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/FlyingLawyer/hippiebus2.jpg

SASless
25th Sep 2006, 19:28
FL,

Alas, the only WoodStock I remember is this one.....

http://www.surplusrifle.com/m14m1a/graphics/full.jpg

So much for my experience with "free love".

ppheli
25th Sep 2006, 20:54
The AW139 replaces this EC155 with the same owner:-

http://www.avcom.co.za/phpBB2/files/877f_258.jpg

http://www.controller.com/images/controller/fullsize/01238107.jpg

AlanM
25th Sep 2006, 21:05
Living proof that money can't buy taste!! :)

Whirlygig
25th Sep 2006, 22:31
Aw c'mon AlanM, that owner's got a lot of taste. it's just that it's bad!

Cheers

Whirls

ShyTorque
25th Sep 2006, 23:32
Well I quite like it. Mind you, I have been known to wear BEIGE shoes, so what do I know....... :rolleyes:

froggy_pilot
26th Sep 2006, 04:12
Hey guys be positive :D
At least is a change from ugly military color scheme.
And still better than PHI, CHC, Bristow . . .
:ok:

Pandalet
26th Sep 2006, 08:55
Hey, if I could afford my own helicopter (or better yet, persuade someone else to buy me one), I wouldn't be worried about what people thought about my choice of colour scheme :}

(I think I'll paint my R22 lumo pink...)

John Eacott
26th Sep 2006, 09:59
Reminds me of the fellow who was criticised for the colour scheme on his Spitfire.

"Oh, and what colour is your Spitfire" was his reply :p

noooby
26th Sep 2006, 19:43
Don't forget the spare exhausts, how long are they lasting now, 12hrs? Oh and some spare screens, they're lasting a little longer before they crack! Some hyd px relief valves, before they leak, some batteries as those ones will just about power your wife's rabbit for 2 mins........
You could of course have taken all this with you, but oh no, after you've put your fag papers in that cavernous boot you'll have bust the weight limit! That's if you haven't already exceeded your rather dubious payload.

Sounds like somebody has been left flying the poor old 76 at North Denes :hmm:
Exhausts on those machines have lasted a bit longer than 12 hours, and the new type of windscreen is lasting well elsewhere without cracking, so should be OK in Tbag land as well. Hyd Pressure switches (Not relief valves. Duhhh!!) were replaced on a Service Bulletin for affected aircraft, just as any responsible manufacturer would do. Batteries are just fine. You just need to get out of your 40 year old aircraft habits, and modify the way you do things. Old dog, new tricks. I know I know.
For an 'A' model, it is doing quite well. Anybody recall the 'A' model 76?? :rolleyes:
Oh yeah, how are the crack checks in your 76 pedals?? oh, and those PBA's and Yaw Actuators that keep flogging out. You'd have thought they'd have fixed those by now wouldn't you??
Perhaps before you slag off a new machine, that is still going through development at the factory (as all new machines do), you would be better spending your energy on sorting out the older, supposedly fully developed machines, that still have recurring problems with them.
Sounds like an acute case of Green Eyed Monsta!! :E :E :E

Stiffler's Mum
2nd Oct 2006, 10:39
Noby
Well what a rather strange and vitriolic response, exposed a nerve?
Thanks for the diatribe on the 76's failings and my own psychological (& technical!) short comings, fascinating!
However, back to my point. It is disappointing that in this day and age (not 40 yrs ago!) machines are still released to clients carrying fundamental (AOG) problems which one would have hoped to have been identified and rectified during the test programme. That's all.
PS.
Dangerous to make assumptions on personal circumstances, well wide of the mark. How does it go?..Dohh!!

noooby
2nd Oct 2006, 12:26
Stifla mama, I'm afraid I can't help you with your shortcomings, you'll have to deal with those yourself.
As for machines being delivered without AOG type problems, yes, that would be nice, however, with the volumes of machines being produced, it is perhaps a tad unrealistic.
When you think about the unit volumes in the motoring industry, and thousands of cars being recalled at a time with potentially life endangering technical faults from manufacture, then it is little wonder that in an industry that takes one year to produce the unit numbers that the motoring companies produce in one day, there are going to be some problems.
The only problem I can think of offhand that has required AOG status, has been exhausts. Partly Agusta are to blame with not having enough in stock, partly the manufacturer of the exhaust is to blame for not being able to keep up with the orders, and partly this particular company is to blame for the lack of communication and empire building that certain individuals seem to think is necessary to protect their positions (knowledge = power mentality), which ensured that a known repair scheme for the exhaust did not get through to all that companies bases
Problems identified and rectified during the test program???? Where do you think most problems first surface?? During the test program. The test program never stops, the prototypes fly all the time testing new parts, expanding the flight envelope. I dare say it is the same at other manufacturers too.
Strange response, possibly, but it would seem you are just as far off the mark as I :=

Wizzard
2nd Oct 2006, 16:19
Anyway, back to the thread :ugh:
Great paintjob, looks like somebody's thrown a "pavement pizza" over it!
Wiz

noooby
2nd Oct 2006, 19:41
I want to meet the guy who agrees to do a touchup when a panel gets scratched/dinged, and shake his hand. What a b:mad: tard of a job that will be!!!!!:eek: