PDA

View Full Version : paphos plane scare

LCA Bound
23rd Sep 2006, 05:52
Paphos plane scare

PASSENGERS AND crew of a Cyprus Airways plane were yesterday alarmed to notice smoke emerging in the passenger area while the plane prepared to depart from Paphos airport.

The airplane had initially departed from Larnaca Airport en route to Frankfurt, making a stop in Paphos to pick up more passengers.

All 150 passengers on-board disembarked the plane safely and were led to the departures lounge.

The Airbus, which landed in Paphos at 10:05am, remained on the runway while technicians inspected the problem.

After hours of waiting, the passengers finally departed for their destination on a different plane

Can any one shed any light on this ?

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
23rd Sep 2006, 07:19
<<remained on the runway while technicians inspected the problem. After hours of waiting>>

So Paphos Airport was closed for sometime? Or was this another case of journalistic nonsense where anything withing 20 miles of an airport is always "on the runway"?

LCA Bound
23rd Sep 2006, 12:57
Its just something i read in the Cyprus Mail

albiej
26th Sep 2006, 12:32
I flew out of pfo on fri evening on CY to BHX, there was a 330 on ground when I arrived @ 17:00.The boards were showing a delayed CY flight to LCA.When its boarding for LCA was announced there were cheers from the Pax in departures, and the guy in dutyfree told me it was 10hrs late. Your post explains my thoughts about why anyone would wait 10 hrs for a flight from PFO to LCA rather than use a taxi. It would seem that what the mail reported was inbound from Frankfurt. Hope this helps.