PDA

View Full Version : Dubai no-no's

zed3
21st Sep 2006, 18:46
Posted this on Passengers and SLF a while ago , without luck , so question to you experts . Mrs zed is off to Australia on 2nd October with Emirates , Dusseldorf-Dubai-Melbourne . She has 5 hours in the Business lounge in Dubai ..... Now , my question is , if there is a delay and she has to go land-side , which medicines are forbidden there ? I have heard stories of arrests for the most simple things - sleeping tabs., tranquilisers , etc . I presume the transfer between flights (security checks) is no problem . Can anyone help ? Thanks !

hell.kelpie
21st Sep 2006, 20:02
For a full list you should call your closest UAE Embassy. Get the word from the people who know.

However, there are some freely-available (1st World) pharmaceutical items that are definitely no-nos here: specifically, anything containing codeine. Remove from her kit any "Pain-Begone PLUS" or "Pain-BeDeine" as they are NOT allowed.

Basic rule: opiates are verboten.

She can re-stock in Melbourne, no drama. Over the counter, no prescription necessary. She can find paracetamol, ibuprofen and even aspirin with added codeine.

H
which the codeine is also a fabulous cough suppressant if the bronchitis is keeping you awake

Kyledubai
26th Sep 2006, 11:51
Y have you called it "Dubai NO NOs?!!!! Why not "Drugs Dubai"!???:ugh: :ugh: :8

garthicus
26th Sep 2006, 15:21
Neurofen plus also!!!!

And, be warned, it's not just going landside that will get you 'caught' Airside will too so rule of thumb... DON'T BRING IT!

Letsfly
27th Sep 2006, 08:40
codine as well is baned and any other drug that has a "ine' on the end of it.

OzyOS
27th Sep 2006, 14:12
So what do you use when yu have a headache or cold as these products are what gets me through the day if I have these symptoms?

Cheers :p

Letsfly
27th Sep 2006, 21:51
Everything that you buy in the chemist here is legal. You can have panadol and otrivin which is a nasal spray. At the emirates medical clinic you can buy stuff over the counter. I had a cold when I first came here and I was able to get drugs to get me through

eibun
29th Sep 2006, 11:16
Flying through Bahrain from DUB in a few month on way to Oz.
On return flight will have stopover of 16 hours and thanks to GA will be put up in hotel.
Will I have a problem carrying Solpadeine or/and NeoBrufen?

flyblue
29th Sep 2006, 22:02
If anyone is either a pilot or a CC, be aware that codeine will make you appear positive to drug tests!